Newbie needs a truck!

New here but I’m not a total newb. Currently leasing 2 Chevy Cruze’s for $49 a month $0 down. I’m new to the site but very much a conesour of deals if you will.

Unfortunately I need to lease a truck for my business. I say unfortunately because I don’t want to have to end a $49 lease early and get into a much more expensive one but I’ll trade in the Cruze if it helps get me some sort of conquest cash.

What are typically the best trucks to lease? From my research it seems F150 doesn’t have good residuals, Silverado might be decent if there’s a good offer going (but I don’t have an Asian car), and Ram sounds like the cheapest but I’m not really a fan. GMC looks to have good residuals but those are more expensive to start (bling bling). Anyone come across any good deals lately? Thanks in advance!

Are you looking at a full size? Chevy Colorado is good. What’s your price point? Sierra Denali has been leasing well.

Yes, was looking at full size. I could talk myself into a Colorado if it was a really really good deal but I think I would prefer full size. I sold my BMW for a Chevy Cruze so I’ll do anything for a good deal. A Denali might be a little more than I was looking to spend. I can probably write off around 30% for business use if I keep good logs but I’m still super cheap! Thanks!

well we need to know price wise, give us numbers. A denali may seem like an expensive truck but the payment may not be as much as you thought

As nice of a truck for as cheap as possible! I don’t really have a set price I have to hit but coming from a $49 lease I’d rather not pay more than around $250 or so. Looks like most trucks are in the $300 range. I would prefer V8 but it’s not worth $100 more a month imo. Was just wondering what deals people might have come across. Thanks :slight_smile:

Might be able to find a Ram close to your budget.

What part of the country? Any special pricing?

I’m in NY if anyone knows of any northeast specific deals

You don’t have to sell your car to qualify for a conquest rebate.

You’re should be able to get a Ram 1500 in the price range. The v8 hemi is amazing, on my second lease in a row both ram 1500’s. Awesome truck.

If you’re willing to hit NJ, I’ve got a partnered CDJR store.

However, it looks like you don’t want a RAM.

Sent you a message. I’m not totally opposed to Ram but the style is a bit dated and I think they are coming out with a new body style next year. But for a good deal I can’t be too picky. Thanks!

http://www.quirkchevy.com/new-chevy-specials/2017-chevrolet-silverado-1500-custom-dbl-cab-1225/
175 0 down

http://www.quirkchevy.com/new-chevy-specials/2017-chevrolet-silverado-2500hd-v8-dbl-cab-4wd-custom-package-881/
Silverado 2500 V8, 285 0 Down

awesome, thanks for the link. I’m going to show this to the local dealer and see what they can come with to match

Any luck getting quirk prices matched? I’ve been researching trucks in NY as well and high 300 low 400 seems to be the best you can get except on a Ram quad Cab. Ford quoted me 380/mo on a leftover xl crew!

I’ve read mixed reviews about quirk dealerships and dealers around here didn’t even attempt to match.

The Quirk price includes discounts I’m not eligible for including $1500 lease conquest. I have not gone to the local dealer yet but I know it will be higher than advertised

From my research, if you want a V8 Sierra or Silverado it’s going to be around $300+ as you mentioned. F150 not even worth looking at, too expensive. I’ve seen Rams with V8 advertised for $280 range. Those will probably be cheapest since it is old body style but I don’t want to get locked in for 3 years when new body style comes out next year. V6 Ram will probably be the only 4x4 around $200 unless you want a work truck with no options. Good luck, ill report back if I find anything

You want a full decked out truck for 250 or less? Tough to find. Even with ram you will get the V6/tradesman edition for that price, the hemi/big horn is closer to 275.
However, if you don’t mind something spartan, the Silverado 2500HD is a TRUE truck. You wil be able to tow your house with you anywhere you go :slight_smile:

So just curious what happens at lease end. Do you have to pay for all the scrapes in the truck bed and other assorted work-truck dings ?

To me work truck screams abused truck. Are they more lenient with trucks than cars at lease end ?

I saw that. I didn’t know they lease 2500’s. I don’t really have a use for it right now but maybe someday. I just really need something to haul stuff back and forth between home Depot and houses that I own. V6 would probably be more than enough but if you get a truck I feel like you need the V8!