Newbie looking for comments on this Porsche 911 c4s deal. TIA

I struggle with the 911 as a whole. I know they’re great performing vehicles but there is nothing about them that tickles that part of my body that makes me want to make bad decisions. There’s something about them that’s just too sterile.

All your doing is making me more eager to pull the trigger :joy::joy:

This is perfection

911 is the best daily driving sports/supercar out there, the mclaren/ferrari have different mechanics that make them better cars for the track but as far as dd goes the 911 takes the cake, all the other cars suck, am is a joke in terms of daily driving dynamics. The only problem with the 911 is that it’s shaped so bland and well timeless that it blends in with every other 911 model out there so it’s hard to tell what’s what i.e carrera, turbo, etc etc

It’s the same thing in every thread, some of you really need to drive these cars before you start commenting about the better deal. I’m not saying anybody specifically just as a generality. In the greater ny area driving 10k miles in an am is not going to be as pleasant as a 911 plain and simple.

With that being said it’s probably better to finance the porsche or better yet get a cpo, but the argument can be made for dealing with diminished value in case of accident. Either way op should 100% test drive the am vs the 911 if he’s considering both, who know’s he may like the am enough to take the jump. Also specialized car colors and combo’s make getting a good deal a lot harder.

People, stop telling him to get crap like Aston Martin and other shit cars. Do you have any idea how many customers are struggling to get out of them? I have a customer yesterday who wanted to get out of a vantage and his $196000 MSRP 2019 vantage is now worth $100000 on trade after a few months into his lease with 2000 miles on it and he hates that car. He is looking for a driver’s car that he can enjoy as a daily driver.

Just to be clear, I would take a $1000 Aston Martin vantage deal for myself as it’s a cheap car that looks good. Considering I am currently driving a Toyota Camry. It is just that Porsche 911 customers are not looking for cheap cars. They are looking for what they want. And they can afford it. Porsche 911 is a statement

10 Likes

This is a great deal. I would take it. I would recommend getting a 39 months lease for like $30/mo more. In the future if you are planning to stick with a Porsche, you can take advantage of pull ahead up to 12 months. And the mileage, I usually recommend getting the higher mileage option.but what is your driving pattern? Will you be driving in the winter?

Thanks @fredyge94

I have the option of 36 month lease with exactly the same per month lease numbers (without additional services/maintenance - only one).

Based on winter we had, most of winter Haha (but obviously not in snowy/crappy weather). I have an SUV for ‘rainy/snowy days’ (no pun intended).

@EVAR - I would get the car you will love driving for the next 3+ years. Get the Porsche. Post pics when you do.

To folks suggesting cheaper cars to lease, I can understand since we are on LH, however when someone plans to spend nearly $2k a month on a DD, they are not shopping the payment.

2 Likes

On a 42 mo lease a RV of 60% seems to high, last I saw on Edmunds it would be 56% for 7500 miles/yr. Just as an FYI.

Not to sound like a broken record but I would seriously do the math on leasing vs buying. If you do an 84 mo. finance at 3%, after 42 payments your balance is roughly $70k. Compare that to your 42 mo residual of $82k on the lease.

The Porsche MF is killer…

1 Like

Lol, I like it!

Go with the 36 month, 7500 miles, and add the 20K service plan(should be like $15/mo more).

You can get out of the car at like 24 month(if going into another Porsche) if you are getting close to the mileage cap of 22500 miles. Or if you decide to switch brands, you may have some equity or even if you are under, it won’t be that bad to get out of it.

1 Like

This AM Vantage suggestion flood is a disease… Not everyone shops for the best lease terms/payment, some folks actually care about what car they end up driving for their $x,xxx/mo payment.

My advice would be to still strongly consider buying the car instead of the lease but to each their own.

3 Likes

+1. No car is worth spending 2/3 of its msrp for a lease. Not even a Porsche. And not even Buffet would make this rash financial decision. Negotiate a 10% discount, finance or purchase the car outright and resell in 4 years and chances are you will be ahead financially!

1 Like

84 months finance on a Porsche? Lol. To me that’s code word for “I can’t afford that Porsche”. That vehicle should be leased or driven new by people with more money than common sense like athletes.

1 Like

Just want to be clear… What you’re saying is the 911 is a fantastic performing vehicle with a sterile, unmoving aesthetic design, and while the deal is fine as far as a lease goes, it would be better financially to purchase?

Isn’t that what I said?

I’m agreeing with you, but I built on what you said. Having driven Am’s and 911’s there’s a huge difference one is a performance built “sleeper” per say and the other is a flashy yet more luxury and less sport oriented car. These cars are polar opposites is what I’m saying and it doesn’t make sense to compare them.

Also yes financing you may come out ahead but it’s a gamble, diminished value is a big problem on exotics and will cause you a lot of hassle if any type of accident happens, accidents in general are bad for resale value of cars but it’s damn near a death sentence in the exotic market.

If only there were some type of assurance you could have that if you got in an accident, you’d recoup the diminished value…maybe I should invent it and call it “insurance” :roll_eyes:

I really don’t get the purchase paranoia on here sometimes. If you think giving PFS $20k in rent charge is a smart idea, go for it.

diminished value is just a hassle, leasing comes with a lot of peace is mind is what I’m saying. It really depends on what you define as peace of mind in terms of monetary value, for some people it’s a few hundred bucks and for others it’s 10s of thousands of dollars.

Let’s just do some math:

Assumptions:

1. buy price of $134k holds regardless of type of sale
  2. Car would be financed at Porsche’s current offer of 1.95% for 60-mo
  3. For the moment, excluding sales tax in all calculations (but NY taxes on full purchase for leases so would net out the same?)

Finance:

1. Financed over 36-mo: payment would be $3,835; Total interest paid $4066
  2. Financed over 60-mo: payment would be $2,346; Total interest paid $6747

Assuming you finance it for 60-mo to keep the payment low and then sell it at the 42-mo mark, let’s say the total interest paid is $5,500.

So $134,000 + $5,500 = $139,500. Now if PFS is pegging the residual at 60%, let’s go with a far more conservative number of 50%, that means a value of $73k. Total cost of $66,500.

Comparatively the lease would cost $80k or an additional $13,500. So you’d be paying an extra $13.5k just on the off chance the value may be lower if an accident should happen. So you’re taking a guaranteed 18.5% hit just in case. The reality is the loss in value may not be much higher than that, may even be lower assuming you have an accident on the carfax at all (and what’s the likelihood of that in 3.5 years? 10%? 20%?)

5 Likes

Maybe he is not a good driver and prone to accidents? Can you tell us what are your accident stats OP?

maybe he lives in a place with a high amount of accidents per capita… tag is ny. so to add to what you said, maybe the accident isn’t his fault at all but he gets dinged for the diminished value and insurance makes him go through all the hoops to recover said cash.

$13000 pays for A LOT of hoops (that may never exist)

2 Likes