Newb Deal Check - FL Kia EV9

, ,

So I am in the market to ditch my Tesla and upgrade to a newer bigger ev9. During this process I came across the EV9 and it peaked my interest, and due to the $7500 lease credit I came across this site. I have been trying to familiarize myself with leases in general, but I’m curious what everyone thinks of this lease sheet I got from Kia. I specifically asked for the lease sheet this was all they could give me.

Nice parts

• 5000 off on a new car
  • 7500 rebate

Bad parts

• 68170 MVSP (Which is not MSRP)
  • 3389 negative equity from Tesla
  • 899 doc fee (Welcome to Florida)

So it’s so so.
That Tesla isn’t a lease right? Since most Tesla’s can’t be traded in.

What is the MSRP on the window sticker? Like said above, market value is not the msrp.

Until MSRP is known, this is just a fictitious number.

The Tesla is financed and they’re definitely lowballing me on that because everywhere that I did research with was saying I have about $1000 negative equity.

Here is the sticker.

Is it normal for them to not list the residual value or the money factor? Or is that just on the final paperwork?

I was going in expecting numbers closer to this Kia sheet I found on Reddit so I guess that through me off.

This isnt $5000 off, this is deceptive pricing.

Following for more info

So they marked up the car $2500 and gave you $5000 off…/well.

Try harder. Get it down to $800 with $0 down instead of $5000 down.

Gave $2500 off and then under paid on the trade to make up for it.

This seems to be an at msrp deal with shenanigans being played to make it look like a discount.

1 Like

A $2500 markup and a $5k discount is a pretty good deal on a brand new EV9. Don’t see anyone else selling it that low anywhere. It’s hard to know whether the trade-in is fair price or not without knowing more about the vehicle.

If the dealer will do the deal with the trade-in removed, then it’s about as smoking of a deal as you can hope to get on EV9 right now.

Price is 61k, residual is ~60%. On top of it they are giving 12k discount. Then the total lease amount should be around 20-22k. What am I missing here ?

The trade in price for the M3SR seems a tad low.

I’ve been looking at EV9s also but the small battery (99 kWh is puny for a mid-sized SUV as that is the same size as the Mach-E’s battery) and lack of features in the Wind and lower trims (no premium audio nor 360 camera) makes them about $5K-10K overpriced. My guess is in a year you will see EV6 like discounts which are $5-10K these days.

A Wind with Tech would be perfect but instead you have to move up to the Land or GT-Line and of course Kia isn’t even shipping the Land until late spring I’ve heard.

Op’s research seems to answer that question.

Of course, the right thing to do here would be to generate a target deal so ine actually had numbers to compare against to really see what kind of shell games the dealer is playing beyond the outright lie about a $5k discount.

Yea, I would love the land but I need the bench seat due to my golden and I dont see the value in the extra features for the GT-Line at that price.

Curious why you’d get this when a Mercedes EQB is half the price?

There is no comparing the tiny EQB and a huge EV9.

1 Like

Well the EQB is fairly small, and in my opinion, it is fairly ugly, especially the interior. I am open to options and really the only thing I am looking at is that it’s an EV and something around the size of a true SUV/Truck. One of the things I have noticed is that manufacturers are a little loose with how they classify EVs a ton of what they label as SUV I would label as a cross-over/hatchback.

If were are even talking about value, throw the EV9 out the door.

The EV9 Wind you’ve listed is about the same as a Telluride EX at $43K which is $25K cheaper.

A fully loaded Telly SX is around $53K with HUD, Premium audio, 360 camera, ventilated seats, dual moonroof. It probably ride as quiet and nice as the EV9 also and is $20K cheaper than the top trim GT-Line.

The $7500 lease rebate and dealer discount ($5K minus $2500 markup) do bring it closer but this is not a great lease. If you want to try out the car for 2-3 years sure. I would probably not early buy this lease out though.

1 Like

I would totally do the Telluride if it was an EV, but being an EV driver for the past 3 years I just don’t see myself going back to an ICE vehicle.

While I agree I also own a Rivian R1S that has become a weekend only vehicle because of the size. Love my EVs but every vehicle has its purpose.