Newb Deal Check - FL Kia EV9

, ,

I know people love to construct goalposts that only one vehicle can get through, but an EV9 for $1,000 is easily the hardest of hard passes. I’ve seen EQS580 for less.

Now before someone points out some minute flaw that makes the EQS580 less appealing, idc. A Kia for a thousand a month is an insane hill to die on, coming from someone who is very brand agnostic and was a happy Kia owner for a year.

1 Like

I was able to get them to ignore the trade in and resend the lease sheet, and I am trying to use the calculator on the site to make sure that everything is lining up, and when I enter in everything into the calculator I am getting a different payment. So I can only assume that they are messing with the Money Factor?

$900 after 5000 on a 55k car? Sounds sus

If you can wait, wait.

Actually it looks correct. $930 was what I was paying for an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD ($59K MSRP minus $7500 and no dealer fee and no add ons) in Florida. It’s because of the high MF (almost 9% APR equivalent) and low RV. Today Hyundai subvents the MF and monthly rates are a $150 lower. At that insane monthly rate I knew I was going to buy out the lease but plans changed when my Rivian arrived early and I sold the Ioniq 5 back to the dealer before the market collapsed on them.

Didn’t change the answer. Still a pass.

They are also adding $800 profit in your registration and tags. Keep that in mind. So you have about $2,500 dealer discount and $1,700 in dealer fees.

Yea, I knew the registration and tag fee looked weird never remember it being that high but I couldn’t find a good source on how much it should be

$899 dealer fee is (sadly) normal in FL

There are FL state stamp (doc) fees (applies only to loans/leases - if you pay cash this is bypassed), tire fee, registration fee ($400)

$1500 in fees for FL is normal :slight_smile:

Reg and tags for a new plate in FL is still nowhere near $1000 though.

There are definitely dealers that charge $1500 in dealer fees, but it’s still a big mark up that negates some of that discount.

Some FL dealers add a doc fee to the registration… I’ve seen $99 to $499

Yes, some dealers use the registration to bury profit in so they can artificially inflate the discount.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.