New rule? State your budget in dollars

Trying to help people has become more like pulling teeth. What gives?

3 Likes

Maybe this is the equivalent to people who kick the tires at the dealership. Just curious, want to get info, not serious enough to have a budget and a readiness to deal.

What about Euros? Pesos? Pounds?

Can another rule also be state some specifics of what you’re looking for? Saying I’m looking to lease a sedan, help me out is a bit like saying, I’m hungry, what food should I eat.

Lek should be only currency.

Yet another example of two threads where the budget is irrelevant to each discussion. You have one person asking if leasing is right for them. Then another person asking for tips on how to negotiate leasing two vehicles from the same dealership. How would knowing the budget of either person contribute anything to the discussion?

Do you read? The second one says “working on a tight budget” but never mentions a budget. So how would we know what cars to tell them?

As for the first one, it doesn’t actually specify what they were looking to spend for any car, whether it be used or leased.

Not True, budget is ALWAYS relevant. If I said to lease a ferrari they wouldn’t approve

Apparently you can’t read because you didn’t read either of the links. Go back and read them both again, but this time a bit slower. The second one mentioned “working on a tight budget”, but that comment has zero bearing on the information she is asking for. She’s asking for advice on how to negotiate the best deal on two vehicles from the same dealership. She is NOT asking for your advice on which vehicles to go for. English must be your second language.

“Both of our family cars need to be retired, any suggestions as to how this girl can work a deal for 2 vehicles?”

I decided to make your life a bit easier. Read that question.

After that she goes on to mentioning vehicle makes like we have to pick out cars for her. How are we supposed to do that is we don’t have a price. Maybe those fumes from the M5 exhaust are getting into your head. Please Explain!

She mentioned the cars she is looking into. You’re making assumptions based upon that? Reading is not your specialty.

At least I can afford an M5. You should have stayed in school and maybe reading comprehension would be a strong point of yours. You can’t win here.

And, again, she never asked for suggestions on cars. Where exactly did she ask for suggestions on cars for her to lease? Do tell…

Also note the first question is “whats your budget.” So obviously its not a reading comprehension issue if multiple people thought the same. Who says I cannot afford an M5?

Based upon your grammar…oh, but that’s an assumption. Sorry about that :wink:

Well obviously that assumption is false, thanks!

I highly doubt that.

Really? I have three bought cash cars new in my driveway, totalling a lot more than an M5. No financing! Granted they are from different years, but you get the gist. One was an executive demo, so my bad. 70k + 60k + 66k > 100k

Also car suggestions are mentioned throughout the thread comparing volvo to bmw, mercedes etc.

You bought three new cars in cash? It sounds like you need some lessons from a financial advisor.

Maybe you should decide reading these forums before you start posting. I see you’ve just joined. My finances are none of your business, at least I had the cash to burn, thanks.

This is exactly what we deal with at the dealership. people just entertaining the though of a new car with no actual intent. they are enticed by the idea of something new.

1 Like