New MDX 2022 prototype-early 21 release

I wouldn’t pay $99 to drive this: :rofl:

1 Like

Agree, 7 years to redesign and they made it look like a 2016 cx9.

1 Like

Ha, that thing is so generic, if you didn’t tell people what it was, they would have no idea. You could call it the new QX60, Highlander, or the next Japanese 3 row SUV, same difference.

This is what I would expect to see inside a relaunched Buick Roadmaster.

3 Likes

It does take precision crafted performance to a new level. You’ll note that the advert doesn’t specify if that new level is lower or higher.

2 Likes

The interior doesn’t look bad compared to its intended competitors like the QX60 and RX… too bad there’s still no shifter

1 Like

It doesn’t look bad, it just looks 5 years out of date already

2 Likes

Has anyone considered it yet? Any valuable insight & research is Highly Appreciated!

It hasn’t arrived at dealerships yet so I’m not sure what insight anyone can provide beyond what’s available online.

1 Like

The videos I’ve seen of it online are super underwhelming.

I’m guessing that like the current mdx, it’ll be a slightly above average vehicle that doesn’t stand out in any special way. Dealers will ask way more than it’s worth and in a year or so, we will start to see lease prices settle in at a price point that makes it be nothing special but worth looking at for a generic 2.5 row suv.

As per acura dealer in ga @ they should be arriving this week for Feb 2 2021 Launch!

It’s likely not going to lease well off the bat.

Traditionally, after a redesign…how long of wait before they will get into a range of great lease!

It took the rdx at least a year before the prices were even remotely tolerable, much less a “great lease”

3 Likes

They did what they needed to do to keep it competitive amongst their target demographic of suburban college educated woman. I thought the interior was price competitive although the touch pad infotainment is a real head scratcher. The hold over base engine is a bit disappointing especially considering the engine is based off fairly old tech, albeit with significant updates.

For me, until the Type-S comes out I can’t really see any reason to pick this over the Highlander or Palisade assuming typical new model high lease prices.

1 Like

Yup… It’s totally adequate. Exactly what a struggling brand wants their bread and butter product to be; adequate.

The Type S should be a small injection of sportiness in a segment that’s usually quite boring

There is no “traditionally”… for instance the people who were waiting for a great Telluride lease are still waiting

4 Likes

This is one you don’t have to quality: it absolutely won’t lease well

It’s a next model year intoduced early in the current model year (some Mazda shenanigans), while they are still clearing out the leftover 2020s (8,830 on the ground by my count, plus what’s left at the port) during a microcontroller shortage.

Exactly. Supply has to build and the model year has to be in mostly in the rear-view. I try to avoid predictions but I’ll make one here: unless the new MDX bombs, I don’t see these leasing well (forget great) until 2022-Q2/Q3.

4 Likes

My lease for 2018 MDX AWD Advance Pkwy expired in dec 2020. I’ve extended it for 2 months…I’ll have to drop and just go cold on the 2022