New MDX 2022 prototype-early 21 release

Ultimate iconic luxury if you’re a blind older person who hates foreign cars, and still thinks Chrysler, Lincoln, Cadillac, and mercury are in a luxury arms race.

and @jeisensc it’s Gerber puffs now, apparently eating baby food puffs is trendy? Allegedly because they ‘taste good’ and are ‘low calorie’.

Unfortunately, it looks like they updated it to 2016 standards. It already looks dated.

The BIG ASS Acura logo with a “Dynamic Mode” Love it!

Isn’t the point to reduce and declutter the steering wheel? Feels like they went through their parts bin and stuck everything on it that could fit.

I dont feel the front, I dont feel the back, I dont feel the side…
Interior tried to mimic the X7 kind off with those BW sound system like speakers and the short ambient lighting. Other than that nice that they are now offering massage seats. I dont think their Japanese counterparts offer those yet.

It looks nice enough. I’ll take the type S version with 350hp for MSRP $59,999 and 36 month/10k $498 per month plus ttt.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

I wonder how much they benchmarked the Telluride and Palisade. There has to be a reason to choice the MDX over those two besides dealership experience. Massaging seats at least stand out as something unique. I imagine the top trim will be about 20k more so they will need to deliver significant fit and finish benefits to justify the cost.

I did just look at current 0-60 times and the Telluride is about a second slower despite having nearly identical engines and weights and only one less gear. So that is an advantage of the MDX.

So any $299 deals on the 2020 MDX/old style 2021?

With driveoffs and registrations Yes.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay $99 to drive this: :rofl:

1 Like

Agree, 7 years to redesign and they made it look like a 2016 cx9.

1 Like

Ha, that thing is so generic, if you didn’t tell people what it was, they would have no idea. You could call it the new QX60, Highlander, or the next Japanese 3 row SUV, same difference.

This is what I would expect to see inside a relaunched Buick Roadmaster.

3 Likes

It does take precision crafted performance to a new level. You’ll note that the advert doesn’t specify if that new level is lower or higher.

2 Likes

The interior doesn’t look bad compared to its intended competitors like the QX60 and RX… too bad there’s still no shifter

1 Like

It doesn’t look bad, it just looks 5 years out of date already

2 Likes

Has anyone considered it yet? Any valuable insight & research is Highly Appreciated!

It hasn’t arrived at dealerships yet so I’m not sure what insight anyone can provide beyond what’s available online.

1 Like

The videos I’ve seen of it online are super underwhelming.

I’m guessing that like the current mdx, it’ll be a slightly above average vehicle that doesn’t stand out in any special way. Dealers will ask way more than it’s worth and in a year or so, we will start to see lease prices settle in at a price point that makes it be nothing special but worth looking at for a generic 2.5 row suv.

As per acura dealer in ga @ they should be arriving this week for Feb 2 2021 Launch!