New Lease Help - 2023 or 2024 Volvo XC60 B5 Ultimate

I will unfortunately have to shut this thread down for being completely repetitive and unproductive. For the last time, what have you found in the Marketplace

1 Like

Before they lock this, a couple of words of advice.

There are 2 types of “buyers”. There are “XXXX” buyers, they know they want a BMW 3 series, a honda crv whatever and they just want the best deal on that specific vehicle. This is the easiest customer to sell to/work with.

The second is a “shopper”. This isnt meant as disrespectful, the term applies to me too! I have a budget of “X” what is the best vehicle that I can get for that price.

The way you handle each of these situations is different. The latter is perfect for a broker they can compare different makes and models for you. Just pay their fee and enjoy your good deal. Just please do everyone a favor a delete the survey you get after you sign on whichever care you end up with.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve tried that, a lot. It’s looking like a failing in my search abilities. When I search the vehicles I’m interested in I haven’t found much information that’s been helpful. Either years old posts, arguments about how people are posting the wrong information, criticism about Jeep, and telling others to just get a broker. I did find some broker posts with their google sheets but limited for my preferred vehicles (outside of Volvo).

You can close the thread. My hope was some similar way of finding discount off MSRP like searching RV, MF in Edmunds forums.

You are 100% correct. I am shopping and not married to any particular car yet which makes this step harder for me. $500/month is not the ceiling (but would be for certain cars).

There is… the marketplace and shared deals here.

You dont need to look for something only in your region to get a general idea of dealer discount %.

1 Like

Let me make this easy for you. Post on here the maximum you are willing to pay for all the cars you listed and we can help with what is realistic.

I am all in for a Vantage at $1,000/mo, f type at $800 and a Integra type S at msrp. Thats why I have the Acura. The other 2 arent happening at their respective prices.

Do you know how to use the lease calc and put a deal together yourself so you know what range monthly payments will be for cars you might be interested in? Doing this will help you to understand key lease components.

Sorry, poorly worded on my part. “Mileage limit” would’ve been sufficient, on my part.

I personally think you are cross purposes w/ your search. The cars you like are in very different classes and can very different MSRPs. It really does not make any sense, IMHO, to try to find which car has the most off of MSRP. I would, as @thevolvoguy suggests, set a budget goal and then try to see, among the cars you like best, what fits in that range.

In the LH Marketplace are Broker and Dealer Ads: most BMW ads (and many other brands) list the % off MSRP pre-incentive - right in the ad. Many have calculator links to see the deal structure.

Under Shared Deals, people usually list the pre-incentive discount off MSRP.

SIGNED! Is also a resource you can check.

When (recent) matters, where usually does not.

1 Like

But what does that mean from a practical perspective? The dealership only cares about what the lease total is over a fixed number of months. What value — again from a buyers perspective — does that formula have? If a dealership offers you a lease of $500 per month and then brings it down to $450, what changed in the formula. And does it really matter what changed?

Most likely the dealer discount changed, but maybe they added an incentive they werent applying before and just make it seem like its a better deal.

More importantly, how do you know if $450 is any good of a deal?

Even more importantly, why are you asking the dealer how much they want you to pay?

You should care about the variables because its what allows you to set an educated target deal and pursue that. Otherwise, youre trying to negotiate without knowing where youre actually trying to get to.

2 Likes

But the only way to know if something is a good deal is to understand the market. Is a $100,000 msrp with a 65,000 residual value good? I can insert those numbers into the formula include a money factor of 6%, but if this car is for jeep Cherokee, what does that matter?

Once you establish what is a good price for a specific vehicle, which requires understanding the lease variables to effectively establish, you then would need to compare it to both the costs of purchasing and other vehicles in the market to determine if the lease is a good value.

None of that process should ever involve talking to a dealer.

You have to make sure your search results are sorted by latest, not necessarily the default.

For example searching for Genesis G70 yields this as the third or fourth result

Hello All,

I am looking at a leasing a 2024 Subaru Legacy XT Touring and interested in some feedback.

I know its probably one of the most vanilla looking sedans on the road but here are some things I like about it: Visibility, vented seats, comfortable brown leather seats, wireless apple car play, AWD, safety tech, we’ve had two Subaru Forester leases (2014 & 2020) that served us well.

What I don’t like is really just the exterior design and the infotainment compared to the 330xi (exterior and interior styling) and the G70 (exterior and interior styling, blind spot camera in dash) which I understand are probably not cross-shopped often.

Car: 2024 Subaru Legacy XT Touring
MSRP: $39,260.00
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 10,000 / yr (really wish I could do 5k or 7.5k as I am a low mileage driver
RV: 63% (Edmunds July #s)
MF: 0.00157 (Edmunds July #s)
Tax Rate: 7%
Doc Fee: $346
Title & Reg: $301

Calc Link at 0% off MSRP

The Subaru Legacy XT Touring sedan is not a vehicle with a lot of volume and I could only find 34 2023-2024 models within 500 miles. The 2024 is showing a market day supply of 28 days.

Does anyone have any guidance on what I could get off MSRP? I don’t think I am interested in the vehicle at 0% off MSRP because with my calculations that is an effective monthly cost of $587.

I have an existing Subaru lease right now that I am keeping - do I qualify for loyalty, if so, what is that and is that a “taxed incentive”? My last lease in 2020 was ~14% off MSRP IIRC and I know I am not going to see that in this market but wondering what’s a good target?

First place to check is the Marketplace across all regions.

Very very few vehicles (maybe sub 3%) have the quadfecta of discount, rebates, MF and RV required to create a hackable lease.

If you don’t see a make/model in the Marketplace particularly in higher concentration areas such as CA and NY/NJ then the safest assumption is that it’s not worth the time.

1 Like

Thanks - that’s what I was gathering but the vehicle isn’t a “popular” one so limited details I could find. I couldn’t find any 2024 or 2023 in Marketplace or the forums. I do recall seeing some discounts on Rubbergash’s sheet before that got shut down with the sale of their dealership. From my research $500-1000 seems to be the most off MSRP because the inventory isn’t there.

There are brokers offering Subarus

https://forum.leasehackr.com/tags/c/marketplace/7/subaru

Most “discounts” are 0 to invoice, which you can get with VIP pricing.

On a ‘24, I’d target invoice pricing on an in-stock unit and see if they will bite. If not, obtain VIP eligibility by making a donation and work with a dealer who offers VIP pricing to either order one, tag an inbound, or possibly an in-stock unit.

Wow, a Legacy pushing 40k?!?

Won’t be a good lease so I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort.