New Lease Help - 2023 or 2024 Volvo XC60 B5 Ultimate

Hello All,

I am in search of a lease and am very open to different make and models and am having difficulty narrowing things down as advertised lease prices are so high. While I prefer SUVs I’m open to going back to a Sedan if that leases better right now. Vehicles I am interested are wide ranging:

Volvo XC60
BMW X3
BMW 3xx
Audi A4
Subaru Forester
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Genesis GV80
Kia Telluride

However I’m really interested in $0 down and a low monthly as it won’t be heavily used.

Is there some recommended resource where I can get approx costs to narrow my focus? I am not set on anything therefore not chasing a specific deal yet - just looking where to start. I found some brokers’ sheets that were somewhat helpful for Volvo and BMW x3 pricing but that’s all I could find.

Usually I know exactly what car I want, get the numbers from Edmunds and negotiate but I could use some help starting my search. I’ve leased JGC’s and trim level is usually Overland and Subaru Forester I always get touring. I’d be looking for the similar trim levels in any vehicle I select.

Ideally it’d be great if I could fill in an approx monthly with $0 down next to each vehicle and the start my search there.

Appreciate the assistance!

The cars in the list are from different classes and have wildly varying MSRPs.

Based on what you’ve said, it seems that you are targeting the deal rather than a specific car. What is your target effective monthly?

There are no screaming deals. If you want an SUV for the lowest effectively monthly, maybe take a look a Nissan?

There are discussions here on many of the cars you’ve listed. I assume the Audi A4 will probably be the easiest to get a “decent” deal on.

You are correct. Ideally I’d like to be under $500/month with $0 down. Now with that said I have a sliding scale - certainly more willing to pay more for a loaded XC60 compared to a Toyota Camry - with no disrespect to the Camry. Truly just looking for a good deal as I think I’d be happy with any of them.

Anecdotally, and I don’t have breakdowns but I got quick off the cuff numbers from a Subaru and Jeep dealer I leased from previously: JGC Summit at $1,200/month and a Subaru Forester Touring for $620/month

My last JCG Overland lease that I sold in April 2020 was $490/month and my current Forester Touring lease that I am buying in Sept is $400/month. I completely understand that I’m not in the same market but not willing to pay that much for those cars.

I’d add that I’m totally open to suggestions from the community of other vehicles to look at.

The numbers you were quote sound insane (off the top of my head), but I actually do not think you can get any of the cars you’ve listed for an effective ≤ $500/mo.

1 Like

Agree on both points. I’d like to be at $500/monthly but doubt that’s possible so casting a wide net to understand rough lease cost per vehicle. I’m starting to put together a sheet with MSRPs, estimate avg discount (truecar) and then edmunds data for RV & MF for my area. But was hoping people had suggestions on other (hopefully easier) research or experience. Like JGC should be 550-600, BMW 330i should be 575-625, etc etc. just to give me rough ideas to narrow things.

Long shot…

Depending on your region and what you qualify for, a Grand Cherokee 4xe may be doable with some work.

Would that be the Base 4xe?

I am in the Midwest. From my quick search for an Overland Trim (MSRP of $67k) I’d need probably a 10% discount to get to around $600/month (not including taxes and fees).

So you should begin by first removing the gv80 and kia.
Second do you want a suv or a sedan?
Third see what jeep,volvo,bmw and audi deals are being offered in the marketplace.
Take which ever one you feel is best for your budget :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having difficulty finding anything for 2023 in the Midwest section of the marketplace - other than Bendetto’s Volvo spreadsheet. Am I doing something wrong with my search? That was the first place I looked before posting on the forum.

I think I’d prefer staying with a SUV but am more open to a Sedan everyday.

1 Like

For the BMW you can reach out to @IAC and for the jeep you can reach out to @AutoCompanion

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Id check out the Base 4xe and see if its acceptable. The Base trim is more like a Limited Gas GC.

Grand cherokee leases fall off a cliff above the limited/base 4xe trim.

The limited/base 4xe trim is quite nice these days. The main thing you miss out on is the air suspension.

1 Like

I know there’s been no negotiation and it’s a hard market but this ballpark doesn’t make me want to look at the JGC 4xe

You know you should be searching #marketplace and #deals-and-tips instead right?

If you just ask a random dealer for a quote, they’ll quote you a zero discount deal or worse.

1 Like

Did you go to Edmunds lease forum to look up MF/RV program for your model/term?

I played with calc and plugged some numbers in and it looks like they marking up MF 0.001 which is 2.4% effective rate bump.

No but I appreciate the recommendation. I wanted to find some rough ballparks per car (unfortunately wasn’t turning anything up in marketplace searches) to narrow down my focus. I’ll head over to Edmunds and see if I can find approx monthly leases for the vehicles I’m interested in. At this point I’m not trying to run detailed calculations just ballparks to know if I should spend time on those vehicles or not.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything helpful in marketplace outside of Volvo deals. At this point im not trying to hack a deal because I haven’t narrowed down which car(s) to negotiate on. Apologize if this is the wrong part of the forum just trying to see if people could post me to better resources where I could find some ballpark numbers per car that would point me in the right direction.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?context=topic&context_id=470224&q=Jeep%20%20%23deals-and-tips%20order%3Alatest_topic&skip_context=true

Thank you for the Edmunds lease page recommendation. I’ve only used Edmunds to validate MF and incentives before. This is what I think I was looking for.