New GLB 250 AWD deal check

Where are you seeing that there is $500 for fleet? The GLB is currently not listed.

Thanks all for the help and support on this.
@Siejammy I see it on my deal sheet, I was quoted with $1000 rebates ($500 for first month waiver and $500 for fleet), not sure why it’s not in your attached link.

@myles21 thanks for the support, I know some people tend not to read the entire thread, I’m ok with that. And actually in some point in the beginning we did looked at the XC90, but my wife didn’t care for the base model, so it would have been around $600 a month. So in the end, the 7 seater GLB is a compromise between me and my wife :slight_smile:

And now, to add to our confusion, I received an email from Ally, our current lease lender, saying they will extend the lease for one free month because of the coronavirus. So now I need to think if it’s better to wait a month or pulled the trigger soon.

I don’t see $1,000 in rebates in the sheet you posted, only $500. So I wouldn’t assume you can get an additional $500 for fleet based on what @Siejammy posted.

I didn’t assume it, I got it. I have $1000 in rebates in my most updated sheet, current monthly is $523. And also, every other dealer included the $500 fleet rebate once I mentioned my employer name. So again, not sure why it’s not part of the official site @Siejammy posted.

So where is that sheet?

It’s not in your attached link either.

Also, keep in mind that until it’s on the accepted contract, they may have added it incorrectly to any updated lease sheets you haven’t shared.

I feel some trust issues here guys :smiley:

But anyway, here it is, for now it really does not matter, I decided to wait.

48k MSRP GLB, 10k…It’s $506 effective monthly on Rodo app if they honor it. So yeah your deal is still ehh.

Which region are you from?
I’ve checked Rodo as well, the best I see is effective monthly of $550.

I think you are better off going with a 5 seater and getting a really good deal. I understand the option of having extra seats but for the 1-2 times you will need them why not take another car or Uber? Surely beats the extra $70-$100 of payment per month?

The reason I say this is because I went through something similar with someone in my fam who was getting an amazing deal on an amazing car that he really liked and wanted but because of “extra space” decided to with a bigger car costing an extra $200/month and I can tell you in the last 15 months since he has got it, we’ve used the 7 seats 2 times.

Just my .02.

1 Like

I did a quick perusal of GLB reviews and it seems Mercedes didn’t send out any press cars with the third row option. Wonder if they were too embarrassed to?

@max_g

Redline Reviews did one with the 3rd row option. 8:15 mark of video.

@Epix
I used to work in the car industry and I remembered when I asked the lead BEV engineer why do most buyers want or “need” 300+ miles for a BEV when the average person drives 50-60 miles between each charge and he said, “Folks buy cars based on the 1% of time they would use this feature.”.

Having a good SAT score does not mean you have to accept that ivy league or top-tier college admission, but it gives you the option to do so if you decide to.

Being wealthy does not mean you have to buy expensive things, but it gives you the option to do so if you decide to.

Similarly, having the extra features available (e.g. 7 seats, bigger car, longer range, better mpg, etc.) does not mean you have to use it, but it gives you the option to do so if you decide to or are forced to ( e.g. during this unfortunate pandemic and currently living at the epicenter of it, if shit hits the fan and I need to drive my family/friends and our belongings out of NYC to a safer city, I would had preferred if I had bought the 7 seater or bigger vehicle if the cost premium is not too much, which obviously is subjective). :mask:

Totally makes sense. If you can afford it and have the option then why not right? I totally get it. Choice is good :slight_smile:

The downside is that…during “normal” times when doing quick trips out of town with a bunch of friends (& their kids), you are almost always the person who would drive…

Doesn’t help that most folks don’t even own a car in nyc.

Also, my wife doesn’t like rental cars; we’ve seen some nasty shit in rental cars… even once rented a mini-van from zip car and it smelt like a bunch of teenagers used it to “hot box” and get high on weed, which was kind of funny when we tell our friends about it but it sucked because we didn’t enjoy the weed smell.

OFF-TOPIC rant over. :zipper_mouth_face: Apologies to OP.

I also wonder if this is country-specific. And, also, if it explains the SUV phenomenon. I mean, do people really need a lifted hatchback that looks like it has off-road capability but often times doesn’t?

I do wonder if the 3rd row in the GLB cuts into cargo space, even when stowed.

Thanks all for the insights.
Currently the GLB is on the top of our list, but that might change next month. It all depends on April programs and dealers discount. We might even wait till May to see what will happen. We have 2 cars, so even if we stay with one for now, it’s not like we have anywhere to go in the next month.

@paranoidgarliclover When we went to the dealership to look at the car, it didn’t look like the 3rd row cuts into the cargo space, the seats folds flat. I think that in the 3rd row option the 2nd row might have slightly less room. But in any case, I don’t think people will get this car for the huge cargo, at least that’s the case for us. As long as it can carry 2 small strollers, we are ok. And I think that even when the 3rd row is up, we might be able to fit there 2 babyZen strollers, but I have not checked it.

Just a guess but maybe it’s the new and improved version upgrade to what used to be the minivan. I don’t see them on the road as much as I used to.

The 2nd row bumps forward just over an inch to make room for the 3rd. Doesn’t sound like much but if you see a 5 passenger vs 7 side by side you can see the slight difference.

I also wonder if the load floor is higher when the 3rd floor is stowed (although, even if that’s the case, still sounds sufficient for @dorhir’s needs).

@dorhir: if you end up not getting a GLB, would a Tiguan suffice? It has nearly the exact same exterior dimensions and an optional third row, as well. Doesn’t have the same engine power or bells and whistles, though.

The load floor is the same height on both since the 3rd row starts a few inches away. You still have some cargo room when the 3rd is being used, about the size of a paper grocery bag. Who knows, maybe that was part of the engineering so you wouldn’t smush the bag when you close the trunk, lol.

Depends who you ask, for me it’s more than enough but the wife wants only luxury brand