New GLB 250 AWD deal check

Hi all,

Appreciate your input on the quote received for GLB 250 AWD, $48K MSRP.
MF is 0.00119 and Residual 61% according to edmunds, and from to the calc looks like they did use base MF.

Currently this is the largest discount offer I received, do you think there is more wiggle room there? I asked about the $500 in rebate and waiting for an answer, I believe it’s 1st month waiver.
I also have fleet but did not disclose it yet, do you think it’s something to disclose in the beginning or wait for final numbers after negotiation is done, or it doesn’t matter?

This is a new MB model so keep in mind it won’t lease well. Others have found better discounts (12-14%). Consider putting down MSDs if you can.
Don’t assume they are using base MF, ask the dealer for a complete breakdown so you know for sure.
Is the $500 rebate dealer cash? Looks like they’re using it to your first month payment.

Fleet should be applied after discount.
Shop around and you can find this car for under $500/month or you can always go with a broker here.

Thanks for your input.
I know it’s a new model, but the wife likes it very much and actually it’s the cheapest option of all the other luxury brands she wants that have 7 seater option.

I just got the breakdown, MF is not marked up. And the $500 is MB waiving first month payment.
This quote was the first one the dealer gave me so I think there is still room, I asked for 13% but was declined. They will ship the car for free (its out of state dealer), but I guess all dealers will probably do it in current times.

I have asked to include MSDs but for some reason was ignored, I hope that I would not have to explain them how to apply it :smile:

If I’m adding 10 MSDs and additional $500 for fleet I will be at $468, which is ok deal, but I see people are getting higher discount.

Let me know if you think there is anything to do with the acquisition fee or other fees, I know some dealers are quoting $795 for acquisition.

Thanks

Have you seen the back seats?
In person

2 Likes

Yes, we did, I don’t think we really need them, we can manage with 5 seats, but the wife wants the option when her parents or mine comes to visit.
We have 2 small kids, and also my wife is pretty small, she managed to sit there pretty comfortably. It will only be for short trips anyway.

Acq fee for MB is $795 but it’s common to see the $1,095 mark up, however the additional $300 is pure profit to the dealer. You can try to get that down but you’d probably have better luck working the discount.
Not much more you can do with this particular offer but discount it further.

Dealers are very slow right now so you could come across one that is more motivated to sell that car, since you said it’s coming out state. Send out some emails and see what kind of bites you get would be my advise.

Have you driven the BMW X1? We test drove the X1, GLB, and Q3. All 3 are in the same small suv segment. We thought the X1 had the superior drive. It leases better than the GLB also. I went forward with leasing the X1 and don’t regret a thing. Pm me if you want more details of the lease.

Thanks for the tip, but as mentioned before, the car is for my wife and she is looking into luxury compact SUV with 7 seater option. So we have the GLB or the discovery sport which does not lease well.

New model, wont lease well, that being said $560+ for this car is…horrible. You can get so much more/better car elsewhere.

I agree that I can do better, but the wife likes it, so happy wife…
But I do not agree that the deal is horrible, the current number is $520 a month, not sure where did you see $560. And if adding 10 MSDs the total per month including all fees and taxes will be $470. So I agree there are better cars to lease, but it’s not that bad for a $48K new model car.
Anyway, for now I’m going to wait a little bit more and continue shopping for a better deal.

I just signed on one of these for 0 down 478 month yesterday…

Care to share your numbers so he can compare. MSRP, selling price, any MSDs?

1 Like

No, not the worst deal in the world.

It seems like you’re well-informed about the whole situation, so I don’t know if there’s a point in other posters trying to convince you to get another car (hint, hint, to the other posters… :slight_smile: ).

While we’re at it:

XC60? I’m sure there are brokers that could possibly help you out with this, but I think they are leasing well.

Thanks but I’m looking for a 7 seater option.

If it makes the wife happy and keeps your wallet from drying out go for it. Seems like you are pretty set on getting this GLB best of luck! (Although you can probably do a tiny bit better on that monthly)

Are there any other non-7 seater cars to recommend?

OP has mentioned several times they are exclusively looking fora three-row vehicle.

OP, I think you have an idea of what you are looking for and what it’s going to cost to get. Try to work the discount more, but it sounds as if your wife’s mind is already sold on the GLB. All you can really do is keep negotiating until you get to the point where you find it an acceptable price to pay. This is pure personal preference.

Good luck. Personally, I don’t know what the point of getting a 7 seater such as the GLB with such a limited practicality. I guess if everyone was under 5’5" and only young children were sitting in the back.

1 Like

OP, XC 90 3 row is my rec, Aronchi has some 1/2 3k mileage loaners for 499+tax and MSD.

1 Like

Are you guys even reading the thread before you post? His wife wants a GLB (or Disco) and he’s looking to work those numbers as best as he can.

He’s not interested in another brand or model that has favorable numbers. He already knows what’s out there and that the MB carries a higher price tag.
Please give him feedback on his worksheet instead of forcing another car down his throat.

1 Like

Seems like a solid deal on a GLB (Not saying no one will do better, but definitely a very fair deal). Very sharp looking SUV for sure.

Push for the MSDs - I’m convinced some dealership employees don’t quite understand how MSDs work - one sales manager told me that they’re stupid because you put down $5k and get $10/mo off but if you use it as a downpayment, I got $125/mo… Completely ignoring that it’s a deposit I get back vs cap reduction.

At this point, if I was in your shoes, I’d just ask for $XYZ/month with max MSDs/DAS - whatever that figure might be. People here probably will disagree with me on this, but once you’re at this point and know this is a fair deal, it doesn’t really matter how they move money around the paper as long as you’re getting a lower price. Usually also helps if you see any value in lease return protection or whatever warranties (e.g., I know my tires will be shot by 36k miles, bumpers scratched up from parking on the street/etc, so I use that to my advantage and negotiate that in before going into the finance office :wink: )