New Camaro LT1 Owners - Whos Going to Be First?

It sounds like it would show up in the first couple hundred miles, if at all. I just crossed 300 and too have revved it up a few times now, so hoping it is in the clear.

That is my understanding as well, although I think I read one post from someone who had valve spring failure at 1200 miles, but that seems to be an outlier.

if it dies it dies haha

1 Like

Absolutely, I also take the Ivan Drago approach to these things, thatā€™s what the warranty is for.

I thought this was going to be a discussion on who was going to be the first to cash out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Wait until June.

It will be the reverse of the current LT1madness, we will all be posting about how big of a down payment we were able to get to swap out, LOL

1 Like

Haha same here. The dilemma will be to cash out this summer, or actually enjoy it for a year and just swap out next spring. Guess it depends on what deals are out there, and if there is a more fun car per dollar ratio. Gonna be slim pickens.

1 Like

I am sure I will regret letting it go.

1 Like

Any advice on how I would be able to swap the rears for fatter tires? 245ā€™s with 455 hp doesnt seem like a good ideaā€¦

Head over to camaro6.com forms, tons of guys there that are very knowledgeable on these cars, and specifically on the tire swaps. My understanding is the rolling diameters front and rear need to be fairly closely maintained otherwise the stabilitrack system goes nuts.

The stock wheels are 8.5 inches wide, so it seems the widest you can go is 255, which isnā€™t much of an improvement. Better to buy a new square setup at 275 min to get the most out of it. 305s in the rear would easily allow for 0-60 under 4 sec consistently for auto. Iā€™d prob still bog down or stall.

1 Like

Yeah, the 8.5 inch stockers would seem to really limit maximum tire width. Iā€™m still deciding if Iā€™m going to replace all of my tires with something better and then save the OEM ones for turn in or notā€¦

The best bet is definitely to get wider wheels, but if I do it I may just go with much softer summer only tires in near factory width. The dang optional wheels my car has are too expensive to ditch :pleading_face:

These are universally pretty highly regarded as excellent bang for the buck tires, available in a 255/35/20 as well as the factory 245/40/20.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Indy+500&partnum=535WR0FHI5XL

Just buy a set of SS take offs with tires and sell them when the lease is up.

1 Like

I was also pondering thatā€¦That may be the best overall value. Iā€™m just debating whether I want to have some super crazy soft tires on the car since I am in Florida and can get away with something close to drag radialsā€¦

I would not go for a super soft/low treadwear tire in FL. You guys get a ton on rain and those types of tires usually hydroplane like a bastard. Iā€™m in VA so all seasons for me.

1 Like

They have close to the best weather for radials but the rain kills it. Best location for radials probably goes to socal and Arizona/NM.

Definitely would just run wider all seasons @spockvr6 or maybe summer performance tires, radials and soft tires are no fun in rain like mpower said.

Ram TRX is in i will broker it to somone at sticker and 5k to meā€¦ @spockvr6

1 Like

Oh yeah, I have been there and done that with drag radials in the rain, they are awful! You guys are not over emphasizing it. The car is not even drivable. I donā€™t use my Camaro as a daily though, so I could get away with it. If itā€™s raining I would just leave it in the garage.