New Camaro LT1 Owners - Whos Going to Be First?

Please discuss----

1 Like

My buddy has a connection whole wholesaled out a magnuson supercharger two days after I got him the LT1. Iā€™m strongly considering if I can get the price he got. For the money it would be $400 a month for a 600hp car.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll sign up for that deal too.

We need more deets!!!

Iā€™m already running through the pros and cons in my head about the loss of warranty :slight_smile:

But Gawdā€¦these 245 rears with another 150 hp?:blush:

1 Like

I thought you weā€™re gonna say who is gonna be the first to wreck it. I fished out really hard last night. I can see why my insurance on this thing is only a couple $ less then my i8 was

2 Likes

Traction control off?

It was not. But as much as 750hp is nice I donā€™t think thatā€™s necessary for me personally. Would love to see someone do it though!

Wow, even with TC on it is interesting to hear that the car was fishtailing badly. I turned mine off once in the interest of testing, and there was definitely plenty of backend movementšŸ˜œ

I think I need to just take this out in a large parking lot and get used to the power. The i8 was super fast and much easier to control. This just has a different feel

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be the first to admit Iā€™ve always had fast cars but never American. Just amg benz and the i8.

This car brings back memories of my dadā€™s ā€˜92 Taurus SHO 5-speed with a 2.5ā€ Edelbrock exhaust. That thing was loud, torquey and a performance bargain. I learned to drive on it and inherited it as one of my first cars at 295k on the clock and sadly it gave up at 297k with intermittent ignition issues we could never get to the source of after hours of wrenching. After leaving me stranded a couple of times in inconvenient places, we sold it for $500 to some guy from Bronx and never heard of it again.

My dad had a 91 Gen 1 (stick) and a 93 Gen 2 (auto). He still describes them as some of the best matched engines and transmissions heā€™s ever driven - you just needed to get past the rest of the car being typical 80s/90s Ford.

2 Likes

315ā€™s are going on the rear. He was working a deal on another Hellcat and this just makes way more financial sense. I have to say Iā€™m already used to the power and would be interested in the next step myself. I want to see what his feels like before I sheā€™ll the money out. Iā€™m assuming the kit can be sold for about what he paid for it new three years from now. I have seen them on forums go for about 43-4500 used.

1 Like

It was the ultimate sleeper. We used to go to car shows and smirk at the Impala SS fanbois.

My ears are perked up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally a performance topic.

The tremec I have no doubt can handle the power but the 10 speed auto is what I would be worried about, the zl1 has a 10 speed auto but is it the same transmission? Cooling is very important here as well, with the way the bumper, grille and hood are designed for the zl1 vs lt1 I would go as far as saying you might need a hood swap here to keep the air flowing and not sandbag the system.

At minimum I would say
Supercharger
New wheel/tire package rear
Cooling? Hood/bumper?

Yea I will update with a parts list once he gets everything finalized

I think thereā€™s gonna be a lot of new memes about Camaro Crashes Cars & Coffee Crowd over the next few 3yearsā€¦

3 Likes

Also in 38-39 months lots of whiny posts about how none of us can find anything remotely interesting/as cheap to replace it.

2 Likes