NEW 2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Mom

I am negotiating a deal with my FL dealer. I can’t seem to get the calculator to do the work and get that number.
MSRP is $59,490
Costco is $1250
Volvo lease cash is $4300
Cap cost is $48,031.45

So the selling price of the vehicle is $53,581.45 - 9.9% off of MSRP

Other fees:
Acquisition Fee is $995
Dealer fee is $899
Other fees about $399.95

The dealer is telling me that the monthly payment before MSDs is going to be $509.66 plus tax $33.13 (FL - 7%)= $542.49

If I plug all the numbers into the calculator, I get $568 inc. tax

Can someone please check? I was looking to be around $460-470 per month inc tax.

How did you get to this number?

1 Like

I think your MF is probably on the high side. Otherwise, the numbers look about accurate to me, but I am no expert.

my wish :slight_smile: and others in these forum got some great numbers

These monthly numbers don’t mean anything w/o the DAS amount.

First payment only, sorry forgot to add.

Your calculator has $0 due at sale, not first month due at sale. At least part of why it doesn’t match.

Different incentives in different regions, etc. You can compare pre-incentive discounts against other deals, but comparing monthly payments without the rest of the lease terms is pointless.

I don’t find a way to just add first payment.

The lease terms are 36/10.

The calculator FAQ explains how to adjust the due at sale amount to anything you need/want it to be.

Different regions get different incentives though. Comparing monthly against a different region that has more incentives may leave you thinking a much lower payment is possible.

Hmm, what is the point of research if all deals are different? I want to understand if there is more room for negotiation as far as selling price.

To identify the common factors (pre-incentive discount) and the differentiating factors (incentives, lease terms, taxes, etc).

You do the research to determine what to target for the values you can control (pre-incentive discount) and then apply the differentiating factors to see what the payment would be. This is why comparing monthly payments is useless, however, diving into the details is extremely valuable.

I thought I had all the details. What do you think I am still missing?

The point of all the research is to get the best deal available to you at the current time. You might not qualify for an incentive that someone else does (FR or Loyalty). By doing your research, you can find similar deals for a similar car during the current month. If you see someone paying $400 for the same MSRP car in the same state as you and you’re getting numbers in the $800’s, that means you’re getting hosed and shouldn’t sign that. It doesn’t mean that you’ll get that same car for $400 but it could mean you might get it for $380. It just depends on the dealer, your research, and what you qualify for.

$899 Dealer Fee! HEY NOW! Welcome to the Sunshine State!

2 Likes

yeap, this is how it is with every dealer here.

Have you tried reaching out to @Bostoncarconcierge? He has some stellar deals and works with people from Florida all the time.

1 Like

A target price calculated off of your researched target pre-incentive discount and the lease programs that apply to you.