New 2020 Ram 1500 BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X2 5'7 BOX Crew Cab good deal? help!

Hi, i try to buy this car, i got in contac with the dealer by phone requesting some quote for lease or buy the car.
i got a email today with this numbers.
buy 72/0 down at 3% = 708 monthly
lease 42/10 down $1080 = 563 monthly
the saler man tell me he can’t give me more number by email i have to go to the dealer.
My question for you guys is what is a good deal for this car for lease or buy.! how much i can offer to the dealer pay for a lease or buy in the car, my fico score is around 807 so i know i can qualify for good interest rate.the car is in Miami , florida.
Thank you in advance for you help guys!!!

Screenshot_20200403-060125_Chrome|243x500

Should be a lot better discount for a big horn. You can also get a Laramie with similar options for this price. If you buy it I’d recommend the Laramie just because it holds its value on the secondary market more than these expensive big horn models. You get pretty much all of the options you want standard but better seats and can add the 12in display. But this quote is way too high for the times and a big horn. The big horn is their volume player and can be had at a 20% discount.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice!!!I’m going to check the laramie options too and see if they give me better numbers.!!ask for more discount!!:+1::+1:

If you are willing to travel a bit, you could save thousands. I typically buy my cars in Central Florida. South Florida dealers, not all, tend to be over priced.

1 Like

thanks for the advice :+1::+1:

I too am shopping for this. Deals surprisingly are hard to find right now. From talking to a couple of dealers, it seems there are two options. Ally has great rebates but ridiculously high money factor and FCA has a near 0 MF but with no rebates. And dealers themselves are not really discounting. I was led to believe we’re in a the mostest worstest recession ever, and yet people are still lining up to buy $50K trucks it seems. So far dealers don’t need to give anything away.

Also OP: A good rule of thumb is don’t lease anything past its warranty, ie no more than 36 months for a Ram truck.

1 Like

Trucks are an anomaly in the US. Truck sales are barely impacted by the economic recession despite being more expensive than crossovers and sedans.

Either it’s an indication that most people who buy the trucks are actually using it for work and this means they have work available during this time (good thing), or they’re completely insane and will financially ruin themselves with 84 month loans (terrible thing).

I don’t think there’s anything in between at this point.

2 Likes

The 84 month thing, on the surface, at 0% isn’t that bad, free money is free money after all. BUT…to get the 84 month deal, you forgo about $6k of rebates. So in essence, it’s like getting an 84 month loan at 4%. But most buyers don’t do the math, they just walk in and say give me the 0%, sign on the dotted line and drive away.

1 Like

I thought that at the moment the dealers were going to give good offers and deals but is the opposite, I think I will wait until the end of the month or next month to see if there are more insentives …!!!

84 month loan is a good way to stay underwater for longer because principal payments don’t follow the depreciation curve very well.

1 Like

There’s a reason why the F-150 outsells every car, SUV, vehicle etc. year after year. Murica!!!

I got a Nisssan Titan platinum truck quoted for 550 a month whereas two weeks prior it was $700 a month. And because of stay at home advisory , dealers are willing to do everything online. So it is a great time to buy or lease and negotiate on a truck.

1 Like

You drive a Prius I take it?
:slight_smile:

Try to get US Bank Quotes they get all the IDL rebates and a lower MF than Ally.

Had this for a Big Horn in PA
24/10
55% RV
.00095 MF

1 Like

No, look at my profile.

I was quoted a 36/10 with 52% residual at USB vs 57% for FCA. It comes out to a wash as US Bank has more rebates but it’s almost all lost on the residual difference. This month just isn’t a good one for Ram Trucks. It’s not awful, but there’s no steals to be had.

1 Like

What the difference in rebates? It might be trim specific. I know the Big Horns have 10k in IDL cash this month so it definitely makes up for the RV difference.

1 Like

Hmmm. The dealer that gave me USB info said it was something like $5800. Where did you get the $10K from? Not doubting it exists, I’m just not sure where I can find this info. The one I’m looking at is Big Horn 4X4.

And is that $10K available to everyone or specific rebates in $500/1000 chunks. Things like military or recent grad or member of this or that trade group. It’s like when you see ads for $18K off MSRP or whatever, then you realize no human on the planet could possibly qualify for all the incentives.

Use Autobytel for a list of incentives by ZIP Code. Big Horns have $10,250 in total IDL cash in most zip codes

https://www.autobytel.com/new-cars/incentives/

IDL is available to everyone, you just can’t lease with Chrysler Capital. It’s just two big incentives of $5000 and $5250

2 Likes

Appreciate the info Seby12.

1 Like