New 2019 BMW 330ix review

There is some sad timber to the review. Will this 330 generation be good enough for you ?
Car and Driver

1 Like

Thatā€™s disappointing to read actually.

I had a friend who drove an A220 and said it put the 3 series to shame. I didnā€™t expect to hear that.

One the Consumer Reports podcast, one tester said that the car made him ā€œsad.ā€ They all agreed that BMW had gone too far trying to correct the problems w/ the previous car and had instead made the ride too hard for a premium car. Whoops.

When I got my E46, enthusiasts were rife with complaints about the steering and lack of the overall BMW prowess of prior generations. FF to today, and now people love ā€˜em.
This article says each generation had been successively better than the prior until now. I guess newsworthiness requires surprises. Iā€™m gonna form my own opinion.
Agree tho that removing the third pedal was a great disappointment.

2 Likes

Wow, their review of the 320 made it sound like the new model was a return to form.

#noregerts moving on from the brand. Declining steering feel, residuals, increased mf meant a choice I had to make.

In less than 2yrs when Iā€™m due for a new lease, if theyā€™re offering 18-20% off loaners and providing similar incentives to current F30 3 series, I will def lease one againā€¦

2 Likes

1 Like

Uh no

No Camry can ever match a RWD

The differences have been narrowing tho

3 Likes

These opinion pieces are just thatā€¦opinions. I take all of these raving reviews or nitpicking complaints with a grain of salt until driven myself. Iā€™ve driven cars that the mags rave about and I didnā€™t like and vice versa.

As long as they have some fart car deals at the end of 2020 Iā€™m in!

1 Like

I still feel like my 3 series drives better than my VW Jetta, which I chose over Hondaā€™s or Toyotaā€™s when I bought it. However, I donā€™t know if it drives better than the Mazda 3 I had from 2007-2011ā€¦

1 Like

And itā€™s cheaper than leasing a Jettaā€¦

One thing I realized is that the 3 series is really compactā€¦and I mean compact.

My 7yo has a hard time getting her little legs behind my seat (Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€ 220lbs so my seat is pretty much all the way back)

1 Like

Well thatā€™s why. The seats go very far back. I generally sit far back, but if I have someone behind me I can scoot forward a bit to give them plenty of space

Iā€™m 6ā€™5ā€ and my kids are OK behind me. 13-yr-old complained a bit, so he sits behind passenger seat and my 9-yr-old behind me. No more complaints.

Thank you! Reviewers are never actually buying the car for themselves, so everything they say I take with a grain of salt.

Prime example, I absolutely hate the stinger. For some reason all of the journalists love it. Just my .02

1 Like

had a '19 330xi as a loaner for a week bc i hit a nice chicago pothole with my '17 330xi. wasnā€™t a fan of sensatec, but the new cockpit and button placement were all really nice compared to the '17. did feel a little quicker also.

coming from an accord and still having an altima, the driving experience is extremely differentā€¦while optionwise sure itā€™s narrowed, but come onā€¦paying 336 a month for a 330xi is (to me) a no brainer.

1 Like

I do believe the sensatec is more fart :wind_face: resistant

1 Like

Man, Car and Driver is salty about the new 3 series!