Need help with average monthly lease payments for 2024 BMW X5 xDrive40i

My lease will be ending on my X3 next month and I’m looking to lease a 2024 BMW X5. I can’t get a straight answer on why the monthly payments are over $1K no matter how many features are on the car. Currently, I’m interested in the X5 with Premium package, Parking assist, 4 zone climate control and the heated seats, steering wheel, etc. I live in Virgina but have can purchase from a dealership in @Maryland. The dealer fee in VA is 995 and the dealer fee in MD is 500 but oddly the dealership MD with the above specs is MSRP $73,075 with a monthly payment of $$929 with $4500 down and in VA the MSRP is $72,695 with a monthly payment of $1015. It just doesn’t make sense.

What should be the average monthly payments if the dealer is giving 6% off the MSRP and $1K for BMW Loyalty?

Sales tax, most likely.

We could see what we can do for you on an X5. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you getting 6% off MSRP on both cars? Do you know if the $1k loyalty is included in the 6%? What is the money factor that is used on each deal? Without the relevant information, it’s impossible for anyone to determine why you are getting quoted those numbers.

Anytime somebody starts a post here and especially if they are new they should be immediately notified to learn how to populate and use the Leasehacker calculator…

2 Likes

The Money factor in the MD deal is .0020 and both are offering 6% off the MSRP. The VA deal MF is .0022. Hope this helps.

You can get one through a broker on here for about $900 + tax and $2,500 ish due at signing. Based on the sound of it, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor by visiting the Marketplace here and paying someone a fee to save you money.

1 Like

A quick browse of the Marketplace here will answer your question.

So what payments do you get using your targeted discount, base MF, DAS, etc in the calc? Post link.

I did use the calculator which is why I asked here. Some fees are missing or maybe I have under estimated the payments. Both can be true

Having trouble MD Deal

For the VA deal if I put $4500 down I get $979 per month

for the MD deal if I $500 down I $969 per month

Yet, both Dealerships are quoting me over $1K for both deals and the exact car.

Post your attempts for review…FYI, down does not equal DAS (due at signing).

Also, the X5 just does not lease ‘well’ regardless as at some point you get the discount and math right and the payment is what it is (high).

It was my understanding that the down payment was equal to DAS (Due at signing) so definitely will confirm. BUT it makes sense the payments are high because the X5 doesn’t lease well. Thanks! Maybe I will go back to the X3 or try working with Mercedes or Acura.

If you confuse down vs DAS you will never get the lease calc or the payment right. If you aren’t going to put the time in to really know how to lease just hire a broker because they will save you a lot of $.

1 Like
  1. There’s no such thing as an average payment or even a fair payment.

2. Why would you pay $36,000+ to lease a car selling for 66-67k?

Two X5 leases would cost you more than the price of the car. And you’d have 0 equity after each lease. Would that make any sense to you?

Go to the Marketplace and buy the X5 with the biggest discount that has the options you need.

@dlesniak

If you are willing to come to NJ, I can get you any gas X5 in stock at 9.5% off MSRP, base MF and 699 doc fees plus any incentives you qualify for.

Same discount for lease or purchase and base BMW finance rates or MF

Can you provide me a link to your website showing your inventory?

You’re making a lot of assumptions about my efforts to learn about leasing. Down vs DAS was a source of confusion because of the texting conversation with the salesperson. I came here for help and support and your responses are aggressive. I’m new to this and I’m trying my best.

If you think I’m ‘aggressive’ just wait to see the salespeople at a dealer once they realize you don’t know what you are doing…

BTW, you still haven’t posted a link to a calculator showing a target payment you have come up with using expected discount off MSRP, base MF and RV for your specific vehicle/term, DAS, etc.

You should do all this before ever speaking with a salesperson. Never rely on them to come up with your payment for you.

@dlesniak

As you are new to community let me explain your best way to score a deal with least time spent on your and the broker’s end.

1. Brokers usually work with a few dealers they source their inventory from at a pre-negotiated discount price. They are not going to disclose their source to you or put it on a public forum.

2. You need to know what exact options, colors etc you want and if you are not sure, go to BMW site and build a car to your liking and send the build code to a broker who can find one which is a closest match.

3. if you are not flexible on colors and options, its generally a good idea to custom order a car and if you want a car to your exact liking right away than your only option is to find one at a dealer and pay retail price. They will gladly sell it to you at few % off msrp with bumped up MF and some addons which will be few thousand more than what brokers have listed on this site.

Bottomline is that now you know what the brokers are listing the car for which is 9.5% with base MF and no addons, if you come close to it your self than get that car and if not you need to know what exact car you want and whom to reach out to.

Best of luck in your search.

2 Likes

Either way, the lease deals are just remarkably bad these days. Your effective monthly payment is $1,050 to $1,150 with that $4,500 cap reduction figured into the equation.

A good lease would be $700 - $800 a month. It should have an effective payment that is no more than 1.25% of the MSRP of the car. An excellent lease is below 1%… If you could get a good interest rate, you could buy the car for 1,300 - 1,400 per month and own it after 5 years. You’d be thousands of dollars better off.