NEED HELP! Negotiating 2021 Tahoe Lease- Texas

Get buy out quotes from carvana/shift/vroom/algo/Rodo/givemethevin/etc to see what your trade is actually worth. Don’t mention it until you have an agreed on deal on the new vehicle and then see if they can beat the price from the 3rd party companies

1 Like

must be registered as a dealer to solicit business on this site

Thanks Chris! The vin is 1GNSCNKD8MR262158 and they are using GM Financial.

Thanks! What is RV and MF?

Residual and money factor. You need got thru the lease 101 thread and do more homework

2 Likes

I helped another member out working their deal up recently on something similar. Shoot me a PM and I can take a closer look at this for you to work with. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
  1. You need a better discount from the dealer, should be at least $2500 - $3500 off sticker. Try to get a supplier control number if you can as it will help negotiations along.

2. Do not do any deal not knowing the money factor… would you buy a car not knowing your interest rate? Most dealers I talked to here in TX we’re trying to double the MF over base.

GL :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! Will work on figuring out the money factor. Still have a lot of learning to do and need to figure out how to do it.

Thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like

The trouble you’re going to run into is many of the average sales folks I encountered at the Chevy dealerships admitted they don’t even understand lease calculation. They basically work in terms of monthly payment, and if you start trying to analyze the quote talking about residual and MF their eyes :eyes: go crossed. Mention tax credits and it’s even worse!

One of the sales managers (a good one) I ultimately did my deal with said they do hardly any leases because of the low demand, and average miles used by TX drivers. So even he and the finance manager were slightly cautious writing up the deal because of lack of familiarity.

Truth is, most of these guys will just assume avoid what they don’t understand.

Conversely, the BMW dealers I’ve worked with in TX all know their stuff, probably because of lease demand and training. So may be a brand culture thing in our area.

3 Likes

Figure out RV and MF and go from there!

1 Like

Got it, makes sense. Most people in Texas do put a lot of miles on their cars. The Money Factor for this is .00151- would love your thoughts on what you’d do with this deal.
2021 Tahoe
Term:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MSRP: 55,890
Net Selling: 54k
Dealer Discount: $1890
Net Cap: $55,240
Lease Cash: $0
Down Payment: $0
Other Incentives: $500
Ancillary/Other (tag title and tax): $1045
Residual: 62%
Residual: $34,652
Acq Fee: $695
Waived Security Deposit
Tax Credit at 1.25
Money Factor: .00151
Monthly Payment $707.63

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Discount only 2k? Walk away

4 Likes

No need to post the same thing 3 times.

3 Likes

I mean, others mentioned you should have a deeper discount… but it’s honestly not a terrible deal so far. You got the tax credits and base MF which is more of a pain then some may realize on this truck out here. Demand is high, inventory is low… and we don’t really have a LH rep on our side for GM products in TX :wink:

I would shoot for another 1-2% off MSRP but I’m not aware of anyone getting much more than that on this vehicle at this time?

2 Likes

Thank you!

It’s going to be a tough battle in Texas. People down here love a new Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban and it’s a status symbol to be one of the first in your neighborhood to have one. So people will pay big money for that “prestige.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, I didn’t know all the hype about Tahoes- never have owned one and never thought about them until I needed something with more space.

I am also looking at XC90 and Landrover Discovery and Defender (I know substantially smaller than Tahoe) but wanting something bigger than our 4-runner. Any thoughts on those?

Xc90 is a fantastic vehicle and a fantastic value. The LRs are.going to be very expensive.

1 Like

The XC90 is probably your best value proposition among your choices. I drove one before I got my X5 last year and it was my second choice behind the X5.