Need advice on leasing new 330xi vs. buying current off lease

My lease is up on my 2021 330xi and with how horrible the lease rate is now, I’d be paying almost $200 more a month on a similarly equipped/priced 2024 330xi (with money down). I’ve been offered $684/month with $2500k upfront for a 39 month lease on a new '24 330xi. Now I’m not sure if they pumped up the MF but I know from here that the current rate is: MF is .00180% with 57% residual. I haven’t received that info from them yet.

I’m thinking of perhaps buying my current '21 330xi, with the pay off being $29k and change after the last 2 payments. The dealer is telling me that the rate is currently 8.99% X 60 months, 9.59% for 72 months. Not sure if that is pumped up a few points but it seems really high. With that rate I’m close to what my payment would be on a lease of a new car but not sure if I want to go that route. Again quoted $684/month (which seems odd both numbers are at $684 so they must be doing that on purpose). This would be before an extended warranty. Obviously there are pros and cons to buying a car off lease (i’ve never done so) but my current car only has 24k miles on it right now so hopefully nothing would go “wrong” anytime soon. I’d still have to buy an extended warranty and I can’t imagine that wouldn’t be less than $3k, so with taxes and everything I’m probably looking at financing $35k or maybe a little more.

WWYD? Buy current car or lease again? Does the finance rate seem high? I’m in NJ.

Check the Marketplace for BMW offers from brokers. They are much less than you were quoted, especially with your Loyalty rebates. I think you should be well under $600 a month.

Also consider that the new car would include warranty and maintenance for the full 3 years.

1 Like

2024 BMW 330xi
MSRP: $50,235
Miles: 10k
Term: 39 months
Total: 629/m

-Convenience package
-Driver assist package

MSRP/Retail $50,235.00
Dealer Discount $3,480.00
Government Fee $382.50
Doc Fee $599.00
Online Processing Fee $17.05
Vehicle Theft Replacement R $499.00
Monthly Taxes $0.00
Upfront Taxes $2,022.27
Capitalized Taxes $0.00
Acq. Fee Cap $925.00
Cost Reduction $2,000.00
Total Due at Signing $4,575.02

The dealer discount includes $2k from BMW and $1480 from them. They said it’s 3% but it works out to 2.99% discount. They said it’s “half their markup” which they claim is 6%.

I didn’t get as far as the finance office yet so I don’t know if they are pumping up the r/r. I just know that it should be .0018% and 57% residual.

Good/bad deal?

Well, if you were getting this from me, I’d be at $535/mo if I did the same $4,575 due at signing, a cool $94/mo less, assuming NJ tax, 10k miles, loyalty, like it appears to be here, just for the sake of comparison.

Either push them harder, or feel free to text me at 516-416-5481 and we can get you setup with a much better deal with a lot less hassle.

Thanks Scott. Where are you located and what is your broker fee? Have an email I can reach out to?

1 Like

Sure, feel free to email scott@insightautoconsulting.com

We have a flat $599 fee.

I have a few 330i’s available from different dealers. We’ll find something for you. Just give me a rough idea of what you want and we’ll figure it out.

1 Like

Emailed you Scott.

1 Like

The DAS is outlandish, you sure you want to pay this much for a 330? It’s basically an econobox with a BMW logo slapped on it.

You’re outlandish

4 Likes

The 1% enforcement officer chimes in again

3 Likes

You can get a much better finance rate. Check the Wiki Wiki

Have you come up with your own target payment using this data in the LH calc? Don’t just rely on a dealer telling you what payment is.

Leasehackr deals are typically 0 DAS or first month DAS, read and learn

1 Like

You’re right I’m new here I’m sorry

9 Likes

Come on, Scott. You should know better at this stage. Have you checked out the Wiki?

1 Like

I think I need to go read Leasing 101

4 Likes

More like Leasing 125.

6 Likes

I actually laughed at this audibly. I felt saying lol wouldn’t convey accurately how funny this was.

1 Like

Would love to bring @Eric51 back and witness a debate between him and @Leases125. Actually, I’d pay to experience that

1 Like

We would raise a fortune for charity.

1 Like