Need advice on leasing new 330xi vs. buying current off lease

Who’s going to pay your taxes?

Sometimes it works out to 0 DAS sometimes it’s Inceptions DAS or something in between.

This is not accurate.

Right but If you have a huge DAS then you have to account for it in your monthly.

With this massive DAS, the OP is effectively paying $750 a month for a rebadged econobox. So thats why the DAS needs to be considered.

1 Like

I have a deal offer with a dealer and was contemplating MSDs instead of DAS. I’ve read some varying opinions on whether MSDs are still worth it with BMW so I’m not sure what the latest consensus is. According to the calculator, if I do 0 DAS it’s about a $57 difference in payment per month. This deal isn’t 100% accurate because they told me $575 w/ $3,022 DAS and I don’t have ALL of the numbers because they get pissy when I ask, so I got the deal as close to it as possible from another deal in the marketplace. With a max of 7 MSDs it would be $4550, so I’d essentially be laying out nearly $1200 more than if I just did DAS but I get that back at the end of the lease, so isn’t that worth it? Am I missing something?

Without MSDs:

With MSDs: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Run forest run

1 Like

Care to be more specific?

@IAC_Scott help this guy out

1 Like

MSD’s lower your TCO, if you can afford the monthly payments at a higher price, there is nothing wrong with doing 1st month due + MSD only

2 Likes

The reason capital cost reductions are not recommended is that when a vehicle is totaled during the lease term, the capital cost reduction payment is usually lost (all of the up front payment is lost or a significant portion of the up front payment is lost).

Contrast this with MSD, where there was only one single post on the MBWorld forum that indicated someone had issues getting their MSD returned after a total loss (where the vehicle was properly insured).

Start at 12% off of MSRP then work your way through every BMW dealer in a 150 mile radius; see who is willing meet you at 12% or more.

Another option may be to consider an I4 or a loaner 330i xdrive. I was able to get 22% off of MSRP on a loaner in 2020; however, the market is the market and you have to adjust to it.

On a separate note; if and when the dealer asks for down payment, just say either first month DAS or inceptions and give them your zip code (whichever is your preference).

The Marketplace is now up to 27% off on higher mileage loaners.

5-series are like low 400s + tax with inceptions (2600) DAS. For those with loyalty

1 Like