Need Advice - Lease buyout (Audi)

That’s what I thought too that only few states has the rule to go to dealer to purchase a lease car. Not sure why Audi forced this rule for MD.

I guess AFS find a way to make $500 by letting Dealer charge you this BS Doc fees.

1 Like

AFS makes $0 from a dealer documentation fee.

1 Like

None of this makes any sense.

1 Like

How long is the lease?

Why are are you buying out earlier than the lease is complete?

And what dealer has to do to justify $500 documentation fee. Do they fly someone first class to the bank to carry the sign paper work.

If I get this deal done at my local CU or Bank they charge me $0 .

AFS is in it too by forcing you to go to their Stealership to buy a car which you have in your hand.

I once ask why all these high documents fees for leasing or buying and dealer Finance guy told me oh its not them it’s the Bank who charging these since they have to pay there employees to take care of all this important paper work.

Audi Care will cover all my services till 40K. I only have 4K as of now.

4 years. Because I don’t know what the situation will be in 2 months, what interest rates, etc… if we will even be able to buy any car in this country again. if I will even be able to get financing. Want to pay it off and be debt free.

The dealer calls it the dealer processing fee.

This sounds like a nightmare scenario, for wanting to buy a car that you have in hand. Though if you leased it 11 months ago you are basically doubling up doc fees in 1 year.

Sure… But if tommorow the market crashes, dollar jumps, banks stop financing people, anything can happen. We are in tough times financially and politically. Want to own my car down the road and keep it till it works.

Very possible that your next car may be government approved by a ticket with a 4 year wait. You never lived in USSR, you won’t know😉

What’s the interest rate on your loan and what was the mf on your lease?

So contractually you have 37 more months to decide what you want to do, don’t have to buy right now.

I think that’s little overboard but if it makes you feel better,

Save up on the side for next 37 months & pay it off in cash when the lease expires.

Much easier to do that.

Also, if you really want a good financial advice, post your lease contract, with private information blacked out & we can tell you what your options are & how much it will cost you so you can make an informed decision instead of assumptions.

1 Like

You cray cray.

They will confiscate your fancy Audi, and then put you in line for a govt issued Lada.

1 Like

2.8% on the rate

They can try… but then none of us will get the car. Easy as that.

I already bought the car. Goal is to pay it off fairly quickly. Happy with my decision.

Oh ok. Well enjoy the car.

I think this thread should be wrap.

The inspection requirements are what they are.