Need Advice - Lease buyout (Audi)

What grey zone? If there isn’t a legal requirement to get an inspection, then the dealer is just levying it as a requirement to make the transaction worth their time. I’m sure if you show up with a 3rd party inspection report, they’ll just laugh at you and say “ya, no.”

If you want around this, either call other audi dealers and ask who will do it without or call audi fs and ask them to tell you where you can buy out your lease for the contractually specified amount.

1 Like

This is an odd place to draw a line. At least an inspection has some opportunity to offer you some value.

Only reason why I don’t want the “inspection” is because of my ceramic tint I paid $400 for. It’s 30%, right near the legal limit so no one would pull me over for it, but it would technically fail the inspection if being picky. I would have to pay $80 for MD inspection, $50 for tint removal, and $400 for new tint + dealer fees. I’m okay paying the processing/doc fees and calling it a day…

The 3rd party inspection would be an official MD inspection they want to supposedly “perform”.

That’s the point though… they want to get paid for it

what do you see in your AudiFS account when you request for a payoff quote through your online account? Do see any button/option about proceed with payoff?

1 Like

Let me check!

You need to go through an Audi dealer. You cannot complete the transaction without one. This was already posted multiple times in this thread.

OP: call other Audi dealers in MD and see what they say. Silver Spring, Frederick, etc.

Is there a good reason to buy out the lease early instead of waiting til the end?

The dealer may be trying to sell the inspection because you may have one due after 11 months. You can just do it yourself now before buying the car, if it is coming up soon.

I will side with the dealer, you weren’t at the end of your lease.

Thank you for the advice. I found an Audi dealer who did not require the MD inspection, and I purchased the car. The inspection wasn’t needed in the first place (I was right originally).

It may expire this month and you still need to do it, if your car was at the dealer overlapping to the previous month when you bought it. That is assuming MD requires yearly inspection.

How much you end up paying to the dealer for this purchase. Like Fees and local Tax etc…
I will be in same situation on Dec 2022.

1 Like

MD only needs inspection for a new owner.

I paid $500 for the doc fee, $350 for registration/fees. In MD the taxes are already all in my lease. Also purchased Audi Care and Gap insurance. All the new cars in their showroom are marked up a minimum of $5,000. Some to almost $20,000.

1 Like

Yes, I saw those posts but I also see this in the AudiFS website and MD is not in the list where dealers have to be involved (unless the online doc hasn’t been updated). Additionally, I see that I can proceed with paying off my lease from myaudi account (I’m in CA though).

1 Like

That’s what I thought too that only few states has the rule to go to dealer to purchase a lease car. Not sure why Audi forced this rule for MD.

I guess AFS find a way to make $500 by letting Dealer charge you this BS Doc fees.

1 Like

AFS makes $0 from a dealer documentation fee.

1 Like