NE HACKR MEETUP: Spring 2021 in NJ

, ,

How about Rutts Hut in Clifton, decent parking lot, awesome hotdogs and burgers, NJ Staple. http://ruttshut.com
417 River Road, Clifton, NJ

The other suggestions could be Edison, NJ
Menlo Park Mall
Joe’s Anerican Bar and Grill

Woodbridge, NJ
Woodbridge Center Mall
Restaraunt TBD

Either of these 3 work?

Brighton Beach, parking lot! But you will have to fight (literally) for your spot, if you can find one :grin:

2 Likes

It’s not that bad now there:)

Out of 3 listed just to sheer distance I’d prefer Clifton but not very opposed to other two places either.
Around 1,5 hours to get there from lower Fairfield county.
I’m in.

Just a thought, but I’m 99% sure that there are other vegetarians here. I’ll eat some non-kosher seafood, but maybe it should be a place other than a “meat-driven place?”

@AP919 So the Edison/Woodbridge options have salads and seafood options on the menu, is there another place kind of northeast nj you know of with vegetarian/seafood options?

Perhaps there’s a vegetarian restaurant with decent meat options.

1 Like

No clue. I almost never go out to eat. Don’t make the decision based on me. Edison is too far. It’s nearly 70 miles, and I already have to drop the car in Colonia/Woodbridge in a few weeks to get a ceramic coating on it, so I’m not adding 300 miles for 2 trips, sorry. I went down to 12,000 for this lease, and there are a bunch of things that came up, plus my mom visiting this week, so I’m piling on some early miles and then will have to take it easy for a bit.

I’m focusing on the East Brunswick NJ on Route 18 location for this purpose since I know they have a pretty big parking lot, but has anyone ever been to Arooga’s? They offer a pretty good selection of standard sports bar fare, and they offer plant based menu options too.

1 Like

That’s even further, but I just think it should be something with more expansive food options, so that whomever wants to eat whatever can.

Maybe there should be something separate for Westchester/Rockland/Fairfield, if the location is going to be so far away. Even for people in Nassau, East Brunswick is 50 miles, but most of Westchester is 35 miles or so (within a radius), and the traffic getting there would be significantly less.

Well if you look at a map that covers Scranton to New Haven from West to East, and Albany to Philadelphia from North to South, you’re left with most likely targeting a location around Mahwah or Ramsey NJ. That’s kind of smack dab in the middle.

1 Like

Thanks, I was going to say that No. Bergen County is very accessible. I do agree with the suggestion that we break up the region into smaller subsets, maybe these three can work: Upstate NY/NYC/North Jersey/CT; Central/South Jersey/Philadelphia; and DelMarVa/DC.

1 Like

That might make more sense, if it was going to be one location for everyone I’d suggest something like the Shannon Rose in Ramsey. Otherwise at least breaking it down to Philly area/NYC area might be more accessible for people. Maybe we should take a poll as to what area people are closer to. I’m closer to Philadelphia (unless it’s a weekday and I’m working in the city). About 45 minutes/40 miles from Philly vs 90 minutes/65 miles from Manhattan.

1 Like

Everyone has to remember - we lease and some of us plan our mileage usage! I know that I will use about 9,500 a year going to and from work, if I go the “long” way both ways. There are a lot of mornings that I can’t go the shorter way, because of traffic (like today), so I plan on going the longer way every day. Going home, I have to do it anyway, because of the toll.

Yup, exactly why the recommendation to break the region into smaller sub-regions makes sense.

1 Like

Where do you live? I also put in some generalizations, like south shore and parts of Nassau.

• Westchester
  • Fairfield
  • Bergen
  • Rockland
  • Other northern NJ county
  • Central NJ
  • Eastern Nassau
  • Western Nassau
  • South shore LI
  • North shore LI
  • Suffolk
  • Closer to Philadelphia

0 voters

You may want to retitle the poll to be “Where do you want to meet?” :wink:

@AP919. I added a more general poll to my original post, please remove yours. That’s way too many regions?

You need that many to see where the best place is for people… North Jersey and CT are not the same. NYC encompasses the whole area, and again, you forgot a whole segment of people in Rockland and Westchester who are not North Jersey or CT, nor is Central Jersey factored in anywhere in your poll.

Please vote in OP region you are closest too, thanks!!!