Mystery Shopper

So I thought this was kind of funny. I went into a dealership armed with a lot of information that I’ve gotten from Leasehackr and the salesman asked me if I was a mystery shopper. I told him I didn’t know what he was talking about, because I didn’t. The more questions I asked the more he insisted I was a mystery shopper. He claimed he saw me there several weeks prior and I hadn’t been to that dealership in years. His sales manager came over and gave me some bs quote. I backed into the cap cost because I knew the residual and explained to the salesman that the cap cost was greater than the MSRP and it was a horrible offer. He smiled, asked me if I was sure I wasn’t a mystery shopper. I told him I wasn’t and I left. As I write this I’m now wondering if there’s anything to gain from pretending to be a mystery shopper? Maybe some dealerships would be more inclined to deal, although this dealership clearly wasn’t. What do you think?

They were f@cking with you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You should have said you were a MAN OF MYSTERY.

2 Likes

I thought about that but just didn’t know what there was to gain on their end. In not a fan of that dealership anyway. They screwed me on my first lease 5 years ago because I didn’t know what I was doing. I’ll just use them as a stalking horse in the future. :slight_smile:

Dealerships do get mystery shopped by corporate often…

Such a great movie. I may have to watch it again now!

But he’s their old customer. Or customers get recruited to bring their current dealers down? :slight_smile:

Not bringing them down - just spot checking for standards.

They all have some BS requirements for sales staff, that never gets followed.

Like telling the truth? LOL.

2 Likes

I understand, but do they recruit current customers of the dealer they want to check?

I didn’t tell them I was a previous customer although I guess I’d still be in their system. It was only 5 years ago.

lol - they’re an outlier.

Things like introducing your customer to the parts and service dept.

@chevysalesgirl, @ChevyPhil or @Randy_Haddox1 can shed some more insight on what corporate wants you to do vs what is actually done.

So he must know you.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve never met him.

I meant dealership, you are in their system for life.

Sounds creepy when you say it like that. I wonder if I can go there, get him to look away, and delete myself out of their system. :slight_smile:

What brand, dealership and location? That might help @chevysalesgirl, @ChevyPhil or @Randy_Haddox1 shed some light to the conversation.

Nissan in North Jersey.

You are in everyone’s “system” for life.

You know why Facebook is free? Because they sell your information to anyone willing to pay for it. Same with every other free website/service.

Ramsey or another Nissan