Mystery Shopper

Hello - I am new to this site and this is my first post - please help: Am i getting a good deal?

2017 Ford Escape Titanium SUV EcoBoost Engine - eprice : $29,992/Down payment: 2500$

They said lease payments all in are going to be 309$ a month

Below is the link:

http://www.stevensjerseycityford.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Escape-for-sale-jersey-city-54e3f3720a0e0a6b1373052192ddcca9.htm?searchDepth=22:117

Ramsey is where I ultimately leased from. The dealership I was talking about is in Totowa.

I’m new to this site too but those fees seem high. Try to get a breakdown. You need to find out what rebates are being applied also. I think there’s at least $2,500 in incentives at least according to the dude on the edmunds message boards who knows everything. I could also be wrong and it could be a great deal. I’m new so take what I say with a grain of salt.

ive been mystery shopped. you deal with 100 people+ in one week so i could get shopped 10 times in a week and still not know… or care. shouldnt have any bearing on quotes or service.

@jace28 This is the wrong place for your post. Start ur own thread please and do the research and provide the info the community looks for to evaluate and help you get a better deal.

@Jvv103, dont help to muddy others people threads. Nobody will find this info in the future when it’s buried in a thread w/ a different subject matter.

1 Like

It was actually my own thread that I was “muddying” but point taken.

1 Like

LOL, didnt even realize that

When car shopping, always use a burner phone number and email (Google Voice is great for this). No one needs to know your real info until you’re ready to sign and run credit.

2 Likes

How could they tell ? What would their clue be ?

MysteryShopper

2 Likes

Loooool. I’ve called out mystery shoppers several times. But they don’t want to work numbers ever. They get very specific about trims and options. They usually want to test drive as well. It’s a hr of unproductive bullshit.

Very frustrating to have my sales people or myself hard land someone on a car only to be getting quality controlled.

But ya our sales managers are much like the one you met today. They’ll throw their hands up and say ‘randy handle this please’ now as a growing custom.

If you’re considering a Ford Escape, take a look at 2018
Redesigned chevy equinox - equivalent $30 k SUV leasing for approx $199 24/10

Also, I would stay far away from Stevens jersey ford - new owners just bought the dilapatated dealership which has a history of bad customer service

I actually do mystery shops (typically at restaurants), but I get the e-mails for ones at car dealerships. They’re usually some of the higher paying shops you can do, but as others have said it often involves looking at a very specific model/trim. I don’t know why they’d assume you were a mystery shopper since you knew about numbers though. From the ones I’ve seen they don’t even really involve much haggling.