My 2016 Infiniti q50 lease

The thing is I was willing to get another infiniti if they could offer me a loyalty discount or college student program or anything that could help lower that negative equity. But they don’t and at the same time other cars are expensive now too! So I have no other choice that get a base model q50 again and really hoping with this situation they can get me close to 450-500 with 2k down.

Would you think the broker can get me close to 500 with 2-3k down ?
I know no one has a straight answer for that but from everyones experience would y’all say is doable ?

It’s up to the dealer and if they want to do your deal. We’re just giving you what a Q50 SHOULD cost you without your negative equity. Like one of the other posters said, you could also just go into a cheaper car (Hyundai or Honda?) and get a 199/mo base car lease and add your neg equity to keep yourself under 500.

If you’re willing to put down 3000, would you be able to just pay off your overage (and then maybe learn your lesson :slight_smile: )

Take a hit and roll it into the least expensive new or used car with a 3 year term and take the hit. You’ve put 17,000 miles a year on your lease. Not the most ideal situation.

In 3 years with the lease you’ll have nothing. After 3 years with a new/used vehicle you’ll some equity. End the cycle.

Do you have to stay w Infinity?

That’s one other option that I was thinking to just payoff the money and get another car other than infiniti. But there is no way they’re gonna give me any discount on that.

Not really only reason I was hoping to stay was if they offer me any type of discount but seems like they don’t.
Obviously germans are expensive so I have to stick with japanese for now.

I think if you are going to go outside infinity than all other brand simply will “buy” and negative equity would ne whatever they pay vs infinity payoff.
Can’t say for sure if that is going to be less or more than current $6k of mileage penalty

Do you know any brands that will possibly be helpful in this situation?
And also if I finance this vehicle will I ever have equity at any point in my finance to be able to get out of it ? I never financed a vehicle so I don’t know what Im gonna get myself into.

What is the difference in value between your pay off and what carvana or vroom quote you?

I never got a quote from neither caravan or vroom. I only did carmax and that didn’t really help, the difference was almost the same as the negative equity.

I’d recommend you get a quote from Carvana and Vroom. It’ll take you all of 5 minutes, and give you a better idea of your financial options. Sometimes they’re quite a bit more than carmax. Sometimes they’re not.

With the amount of miles you are driving - unlikely.
Unless your driving pattern change drastically.
I didn’t see that covered but is your future expected driving going’s to slow down?
55k over 36 months lease is almost 19k per years.
That would be very very high lease.
With that amount of expected driving I’d return back this car, pay penalty and may be look at VW 2018+ new or used with significant discount. VW has transferable bumper to bumper warranty 6 years and 72k miles. Then you would be covered for few years of beating the car.

1 Like

Yes the first 2 years of the lease I was driving so much but I don’t think I’ll do it with the next car so that is not the issue. I can put down up to 3k for the next car and just roll over the rest of 3k but i can’t pay the 6k all at once to get out of the car, and also even if I didn’t have this situation I would still get another infiniti maybe sport or even RS because I seriously like the car but It really sucks that they don’t offer any type of program or discount .

Are you located in California? You can lease Honda clarity fuel cell which gives you 20k miles a year for 375$ a month and zero down (after CA rebate) plus free 15k hydrogen gas card that Will last you till the end of the lease term, carpool stickers and 21 days free car rental.

I think another option would be to look at Nissan if you want to roll your miles and get a lower payment.

If you think you still would do Q50 again why not contacting @CaliforniaLeaseDeals and his Infinity deals? You both are in CA-Socal.
He is listing Q50 for $350+tax and $1k DAS for 39 months. your current $6k would translate to something $150.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/insane-deal-2019-infiniti-q50-signature-edition-0-das-349-month-plus-tax-42-800-msrp-wont-last/139117

2 Likes

This is the deal I was going to link as well. The Q50 signature is actually really nice I looked at it when I went in to return my 2015 Q50 and that is a good price with 0 DAS.
You should pay the overage and keep it separate.

Rolling negative equity in to a lease sucks and is why I once had a VW GTI that cost me more to lease than a Q50 or a current BMW 340i
Learn from my mistakes, don’t roll it in and pay it some other way if at all possible.

Good luck!

It sucks but as my teacher in Business Law says the correct answer is “it depends”.
If MF is close to 0 is possible it’s better alternative than plunking cash all at once.
Also if you are able to get great deal here, bury the negative equity than it may be possible to swap it while appearing just an average run of a the mill deal on swapalease.
The only thing I don’t remember if Infinity releases liability upon lease swap.

You’re on the hook till expiration. This is why I’ll never lease a Nissan product unless I was 100% certain I was gonna keep it.