My 2016 Infiniti q50 lease

Hey guys,
I have a 2016 q50 2.0 premium and my lease is up in September, unfortunately for personal reasons I drove this car way too much and now I’m at 55k miles. It’s supposed to be 30k by the end of the lease. Now I’m stuck in a situation where nothing can be done about it and only options I have are either financing it which I don’t see myself driving this car for another 6 years, the other option is to roll it over to another 2019 q50. Just to see what they offer I went in there without any negotiations to see what they can offer, and they told me for the new one it will be 2k down, around $750 per month with the old one rolled over. Now I was wondering if I have any options here, or if there is a way for me to negotiate my debt to Infiniti if they have a college student discount or loyalty program or anything that can help me lower my debt which is around $6500 or lower the price on the new one. Anything helps guys thank you so much.

Infiniti’s aren’t worth much after a lease so I doubt Carvana or Vroom will give you enough but give it a try. Consider a private sale.

Currently you need to pay $5k for the mileage. 20000 x 0.25 (i think that is how much infiniti charges).
5000 / 36 = $138 per month.

How many more payments do you have left?
I think Infiniti has 2 month pull ahead.

Yes they charge 0.25 but I’m 25k over so that puts me at $6250. That means 6250 / 36 = 173 on top of the new lease I have 3 more payments left. I really don’t want to finance this car I much rather roll it over to a new one and pay it off in 3 years but they’re giving me unreasonable prices.

1 Like

If your over mileage is $5k, you have to either take a pill and pay it, or roll over to a new q50 lease like yiu said. The good thing about rolling over ia that the interest is so low, its better than paying it in one shot by urself. As far as those numbers, I suggest you stick to a base level 3.0 luxe that way your original payment will be attractive and when u roll over the 5k negative, it won’t look that bad. Still $750is insane, for 39/10k, you should be well under $500 or even under $450. You can always use a broker as Cali has so many of them.

1 Like

Btw, sorry for my quote of 39/10, you definitely need 15k mpy so still should be under $500

Thanks mani.
So basically I talked to few brokers and they said they can’t do anything about my over milage except just rolling it over to a new one but they are not able to discount that number and I doubt dealer will too. Thats why I don’t know if there’s any way that dealer can lower that number for me so I can go with them or if not just go with broker.
Something like a college student discount or loyalty program, will broker be able to get me to those numbers under $500 a month ?

I definitely need at least 12k for the next car but dealers were giving me crazy numbers for 12k mpy and being upside down they quoted me something close to $800 which is ridiculous.

From 10k to 12k is 1% lower residual, which on the Q50 should only be like $11 to $12 max of a difference to your monthly and not 50 bucks per month.

There is no college grad on infiniti. However loyalty is selective and not open for everyone. Unfortunately, you have to rely on dealer to tell you if you are the chose one for loyalty.

I was able to get a quote for a Q50 Luxe pretty nicely equipped ($44k MSRP) with no loyalty or programs for 1K DAS and $429/mo including tax on 12k/39. Add another 1K and you’d be at about $400. With your rollover miles you can expect to be at or under $600.

Get a 40k base luxe and it will be even less.

Your dealer is charging way too much at close to $800. If you want to PM me I can send you the details

I have a 18’ Red Sport fully loaded with 15k miles a year that’s at $500 a month. Maybe I got lucky. I actually purchased another 5k miles to cover me at .10 just in case. Best of luck.

No one will waive or discount your mileage. You stuck with it. But I think Infiniti has $500 waiver when getting a new car.

But do you think with this situation that I’m in right now will a broker be able to get me close to $500 or less including the $6250 for mileage???
I’m willing to put down 2k.
For a base q50 Luxe

I don’t know what the price will be. These are pretty much two different transactions rolled into one. Overage is just added on top of whatever deal the broker can get you. I am not sure if you can score a good deal on your so just have the broker help you get a deal then tack on the overage.
I don’t know what the current MF is for the Q50 but probably best to add MSDs to lower it as much as possible.

Msd is 0.00003 so no msd

1 Like

If you Get a ~40k base luxe, with 2K down you should be able to get very close to 500. Maybe 550 if the dealer is difficult.

Maybe you’re already thinking like this, but this is very important, as others have said. You have two distinct transactions: the new vehicle and the negative equity/mileage overage. Figure out the best deal on the new one. I.e. Q50 for $300/month or another option. Then divide out the negative equity by the number of months. You’ve found your payment. Simply don’t settle for worse than that amount. The dealer is throwing out $750 per month because you sound desperate. Don’t be emotional. Get a different vehicle and add $6k for the negative equity.

1 Like

I’m most likely going with broker since dealer is not gonna give me any type of discount so it doesn’t make a difference. Might as well go with broker to get the lowest price on the new one.

I was also thinking about lexus IS but that’s 4 cylinders with the same price infiniti is offering 3.0 V6 but the problem here is I was really hoping infiniti would offer me some type of discount since I’m getting another car from them but it seems they don’t.

Just remember, unless the dealer doesn’t want your money, there is always room for a deal. Walk in and be firm. Tell him you won’t pay more than X amount (whatever you’re comfortable with). If they can do it then they will do it or at least something very close.

Otherwise tell him you’ll take your business elsewhere. $750-800/mo on that car EVEN in your situation is just straight up greediness.

There are plenty of dealers who will do your deal at 600 or less with very little DAS