MotorcycleHackr - Current Market

Had a front move in over the weekend, so summer is now done. My trusty pair of Polartec pants await in the Jeep if the wind decides to pick up. Otherwise, shorts 'til it freezes.

The east coast laughing at us :joy:

1 Like

Then we are succeeding. January and February would be a buy month, assuming you didn’t blow your wad over XMas and Black Friday. I don’t know the release cycle of cycles…when do new model years get released?

Motorcycles have Blessings too :joy:

Before I had kids I would dream of a Ducati 848

Now motorcycles terrify me too many idiots on the road

1 Like

Even ‘empty’ country roads aren’t safe…drunk driver ran over my friend and off the road, drug his cycle for another mile stuck under the chassis, and left him in the ditch. He’s lucky to be here.

1 Like

Smh he is definitely blessed to be here

Any tips on what to look out for on a beater, or tips for starting out? I’ve always been extra paranoid when I think about getting a beater motorcycle to learn on. I feel like any motorcycle malfunction can have some serious consequences.

I’ve always wanted to learn but never had the guts to pull the trigger.

I haven’t looked in a while, but back doing my search, I didn’t like what I found. I posted up earlier in this thread how I wound up buying a new Lifan Xpect for $2100. Really can’t beat that value for a first bike, IMHO. Put a couple of years on it, probably have to do no major repairs, and sell it down the line for $1500.

1 Like

what are the super desirable bikes that everyone clings onto beyond all hope and reason? e.g. the Toyota of bikes

We talking sport bike or cruisers?

cruisers not really into the sport bike vibe, too need for speed underground for me

1 Like

Don’t take my word for it, but my uneducated guess is Indian?

A KLR. Never understood it but they’ve got a cult following that will overpay for them every day. Followed by BMW GS/RT.

Habibi it’s end of October and it’s 95* outside. Can’t wait for Jan when it’s a nice balmy 60-80:

Harley people are usually Tacoma group of bikers. Just buy a few year old bike to learn and drop before you get your Indian. Go for the regular not 60 while you at it. My suggestion cruiser wise like vstar 650 or Kawasaki Vulcan S.

2 Likes

@NATO check out the Yamaha naked bikes MT09 and MT07. Comfy enough to cruise but an animal in the twisties. Have had one of each and have gotten more than I paid for them each time. Buy them used (2-4k miles) and preferably with some tasteful mods. These are the Toyota Tacoma’s of the bike world imo.

2 Likes

I just can’t get over their design honestly

1 Like

Haha they do look funky. Not sure what look the Yamaha styling department went for. But the cyborg look has grown on me, especially the current model years.

I will take your advice on this.

1 Like

If he’s looking for something to learn on, those are not the bikes. I agree they’re excellent for their versatility, but I total newb can go from 0-death real quick. The large bikes aren’t as forgiving as the smaller displacement, and I’m sure you know that.

Source: I have a Z1000, and I’ve been riding for well over a decade.