MotorcycleHackr - Current Market

I think that is generally true but I’m sure there are exceptions and some regions with stock. I’ve been shopping for a mid-size KTM or BMW dual sport bike and they seem to be in high demand unless I’m willing to get a color I don’t want. Orders are 6 months out. So far the only discount I’ve seen with BMW bikes is $250 off for military or emergency workers, or $1,000 on the previous model year.

What kind of bike are you considering?

Nice stable, super jealous of the Norton, it looks beautiful

1 Like

Thanks! I got that bike during the pandemic. I’ve always wanted one and it’s been my dream bike forever. I like working on my bikes as much as riding them, and a Norton always has something that needs to be worked on :rofl:. Riding it is such a joy. It’s a feeling from a bygone era. And I wasn’t even alive back then. It’s just a rare machine. Put together differently. Vibrates like crazy, pulls like a freight train, has an amazing balance and low center of gravity for it’s age, has character with things like the right side shifter that is race style as a one up, three down. And it’s just downright gorgeous.

My wife has me cut off at 3 bikes which I think is fair. It’s starting to crowd the garage, although the scooter is hers :wink:

My first bike. Bought it new for $5000 in Summer 2020 and sold it for $5500 in summer 2021. I watched about 10 hours of youtube the day before i bought it and learned how to ride it in their parking lot after buying it. The road they’re off is a 4 lane 55 mph highway, and I stalled pulling out🤣 luckily it wasn’t busy at that time… looking to get an R6 in the next couple years

2 Likes

Before a wife and kids I had 5, and me a few friends had over 20 bikes in his moms garage at one point. I enjoy working on them as well. I really want to build a pretty custom cafe bike now that I have some welding skills

1 Like

That’s a nice bike, there, C!

And thank you, thank you, but we won’t stop here.

Soon we’ll roll out FlightHackr for the pilots among us. And one for boats, too. HullHackr or something.

J/k j/k :laughing:

1 Like

Is that a Breakout? It’s one of my favs!

1 Like

Sure is! Stage 3. Custom everything. Worst part is only put few hundred miles on it a year :sob:
Im a sucker for that far 240 tire

2 Likes

It’s absolutely gorgeous. Art on wheels. You have great taste. And hey, when you finally get time to go out on it it will be nice and low mileage with plenty of good rides in your future.

1 Like

I love Breakouts, the 240 tires is what sold me. Im hoping to upgrade into a Breakout one day. My 750CC Shadow feels a litle underpowered sometimes. Although, it’s hard to pass on the reliability of the Shadow.

1 Like

Thank you! Definitely needs a wash and a ride. Shes a beauty though for sure!

I know it’s the one people always go for, but there are usually some good deals to be had on old 1970s Honda. CB350, CB500, CB550F (the best), or CB750s. I’ve now bought two of those bikes for next to nothing because in both cases the person who ended up with the bike had no idea what was wrong with it or why it wouldn’t start. In both cases it needed a battery charge, fresh gas, and carbs flushed. Then voila, instant equity.

It was a bit rough at first but once it was mechanically sounds I went to this massive Japanese bike salvage yard and was able to find a side cover and a fuel tank that didn’t have a hole in it.

And, finally the paint done by hand. It really pulled it all together.

2 Likes

Nice job! Methinks a good pdr man could massage that muff. Same color and model I had back in college. Wind storm caused the bike to fall over, campus cop came to my dorm room to tell me he righted it back, and invited me to go riding. Told him thanks but no thanks, I didn’t need a ticket the moment I broke 55 mph with him along. He cracked up.

1 Like

I had a CB175 as my first bike, those old hondas are lots of fun, I would do another in a heartbeat

1 Like

I’m reviving this thread because I’m a first time motorcycle buyer and don’t know :poop: about the market.

I’ve had a hard-on for the Indian scout sixty for a while, but I’m curious when’s the best time to buy. Is it during the peak of the recession since it’s a toy? Is it when gas prices are lower so less idiot kids like me are trying to save money?

Is the used market softening? Is it better to buy new?

Which bike has the Toyota Tacoma residual value of cruisers? I don’t want to take a dump on value.

I’m also probably going to drop it once or twice.

1 Like

Just like a first-time driver, I strongly suggest getting a beater to learn on. Sell it later when ready to upgrade and it likely will have cost you very little, if anything at all, to have owned.

2 Likes

Generally, off-season is the best for pricing.

but dad, I want to make very poor financial decisions in my early 20s

4 Likes

No off season in California!

nah bruh it was 60 degrees last night I had to shut my windows

2 Likes