Most Unique Cars Spotted Thread - Need More Uplifting Content

Big brother and little brother in the wild. The V90 is my current lease, the V60 just randomly parked next to me. Occasionally see V60s here in the Midwest. Pretty rare to see another V90 though. Under a year left on my V90 lease, will be tough to give it up given what I’m currently paying.

9 Likes

#parkingBuddies

5 Likes

Ughhh, don’t remind me - I’m going to have to pry my dad’s Volvo key from his hands into something he will probably like less and pay more for.

2 Likes

Sold. Last drive today mid 60s and sunny. My 2023 C8 HTC. Shes gone tomorrow.

10 Likes

Hope ur enjoying the 765lt in your profile!

1 Like

FAKE NEWS!!
It’s a 4S. If it were ALL EGO, it would be a GTS minimum and a Turbo S most likely.

My 4s ego a decade ago

1 Like

911 4S != Panamera 4S

For 911s of that era, you had the base, the S and turbo. The base was crazy fast, S was a wee bit crazier and turbo was coke fueled adrenaline.

But for Panameras, the base/4 was a joke, the S/4S was OK-ish. Then the GTS, Turbo and Turbo S was where the real action was. A Panamera GTS was the equivalent of a 911 base in terms of performance. I (well it was my wife’s but close enough) owned a turbo trim and ho-lee-fuq was that fun to drive and luxurious too. It was really about the perfect combo of performance and comfort you could ask for in a sedan. Sadly though, it spent most of its days driving at 21 MPH going, taking kids to and from school. My kids loved it though, they were the kids in school with the coolest mom car :joy:

I will grant Porsche kudos for this though. They managed to get wine moms into a $70K Panamera base (and more like $85K once you add options on it) that accelerated only slightly faster than an Accord. That’s some seriously good marketing, and I applaud it.

1 Like

Last week I learned If you hold your equal (=) sign on an iPhone you’ll find the ≠ sign.

I love 911s. The classiest car in my opinion.

3 Likes

Baja!

4 Likes

2 Likes

I had a loaner base panamera about a month ago. Idk why people buy those, it’s slow AF compared to my 4S. I’d say a 4 e-hybrid is about as low as anyone should go.

For $100k, there’s a lot better than a base panamera

I’m telling you it’s brilliant Porsche marketing to AWFLs (Affluent White Females). They look cool, they’re Porsches, sold!

Don’t hate the playah, hate the game.

1 Like

I guess I don’t follow the logic here. A base Panamera is still a (Porsche) Panamera. In many regards, it is the same car as the higher trims with much higher price points. I believe the paper 0-60 is in the low 5’s (?), which is still much quicker than the majority of other cars on the road. People purchasing a Porsche aren’t necessarily always putting speed at the top of their lists.

I’m sure the Turbo S say the same for the pitiful performance of a 4S. :joy:

I’m not saying it’s an awful car. But for $100K it’s very uninspiring. It’s Porsches for people who don’t care about performance. Which, TBF, is a lot of people. They buy the badge, not the car. And yeah the S is kinda meh too, at least in prior generations. Again, not awful, but not what a Porsche should be. Once you get to GTS, Turbo and Turbo S, that’s what a Porsche should be.

The Turbo S is just a dYck measuring contest by the way. I owned a Turbo and drove a Turbo S, both same year, and really couldn’t tell a difference between the two. But there is certainly a noticeable difference between turbo to GTS and then a yuuuuge difference from GTS to S.

2 Likes

Porsche definitely has the motto of “There’s one for everyone” regarding its lineup and options. But particularly when looking at a base Panamera ($93k+), Cayenne ($73k+) and Macan ($59k+), I struggle to see what they offer compared to the competition. A lot of what makes these models stick out is the options you add to it and going for the higher trims. I’d recommend almost every other midsize to fullsize luxury sedan over a base Panamera, but there’s no midsize/fullsize sedan I’d recommend over a Panamera Turbo S E-hybrid for example. Same goes for a base Macan vs Macan GTS or a base Cayenne vs a Cayenne Turbo GT

A 911 and Taycan are a different story though, but that’s just due to their being less direct competition.

Edit: Retracting on the Taycan and 911 now that I think about it

The Pana turbo I owned was $170K MSRP with all the added options. It had practically everything. No I did not buy it new, I’m not insane, lol. But it was luxurious AF because, well, it’s a $170K car. I mean you sat in that thing and there was a WOW factor before even turning the engine on.

Not long after I bought it, I was given a ride by someone who had an A7. Essentially the same car right? Wrong. The A7 felt cheap when I was in it. I know it wasn’t, but compared to what I had grown accustomed to, it seemed like it.

This is the real hack with buying Panameras :joy:. That depreciation is lovely for second buyers.

Technically, the only thing they share in common is the engine (V6) and being similar sized fastbacks. The 971 Panamera is on the same platform as the Bentley Continental GT and Flying spur, so its gonna have a leg up on the A7 on that front. But I sat in a near base model Panamera before I got the 4S and let me tell, you its a different world than the higher trim/optioned ones. Everything feels very nice and solid, but the severe lack of basic features (like keyless entry) just makes it hard to justify a $20k premium over a loaded A7 for example.

Definitely nice than an A7 overall, but just from a price perspective.

2 Likes

Bingo. Having the ability to adapt (successfully) is often what separate those who make is versus those who don’t. We all know this. The difference in options (or lack thereof) is easily replaced with the Porsche brand/image, the quality, and the driving experience. Anyone who has ever driven a decent Porsche could attest to that. Again, you and I both know, but with the general public maybe not. I would drive a base Cayenne, but I wouldn’t be caught dead in a base Macan… but that’s just my preferences. The Macan (base) is still built better, and drives better), than most others. For the money, I would have to recommend stepping up into at least a S, or shop something else. I just have zero interest any driving anything 4 cylinder, and I would want more performance.

The Cayenne is the perfect example for adapting. That vehicle nearly single-handedly saved & maintained the Porsche brand we know today.

@Boomba The A7’s have attractive exterior aesthetics, but Porsche >>> Audi all day long IMO.

1 Like

Absolutely. The Porsche purists ran to the fainting couches when it came out. But without it, Porsche probably wouldn’t exist today.

I live in a small city, and the one and only Porsche dealer in town has limited inventory. Just ball park eyeballing it’s 50% Cayennes/Macans, 20% Panameras and 30% 911/Cayman/Boxster. The 911 is almost an afterthought now for Porsche.

2 Likes