Monthly Cars to Hack Thread *JUNE*

My specials

Gls for 550 a month
Etron for 600 a month.

Your turn. Check mate!

3 Likes

550 for GLS, what a deal

btw your monthly special sums it up pretty well. Any more updates coming up?

This is exactly what I’m thinking. Just some general info and a heads up. It’s basically how I got my 440i from there being a ton of threads on here about them

1 Like

Isn’t this what the deal huntr is supposed to be?

1 Like

If they are not “fully loaded” is this really a deal?

Completely agree. Things that are must haves start going away when you find a unicorn that might have a bunch of extras but not a must have for $100-200 less per month.

The sarcasm and ridiculing the newbies on this site are such a turn off!

10 Likes

then don’t be a newbie

3 Likes

My experience is it’s usually in response to false bravado (which is an even bigger turn off), in service of educating the poster. Would you rather learn here in the school yard, or be laughed at by the sales staff as you drive away in your $920/mo Honda Pilot?

As for the the purpose of this thread

I think @vhooloo and @naderade should collaborate and post something every month. The Edmunds monthly lease deals usually highlight where residual or incentives are exceptionally high as a starting point. But as others said the :unicorn: are in the unwanted/unloved/unusual configurations, and many people here are shopping the car vs the deal.

1 Like

Exactly…And the same goes true for a car having options that you may be don’t even want. A perfect example is the i3 I signed on last year. I did not want metallic paint for $550, wireless charging for $500 (biggest rip off in the BMW universe), or the moonroof for $1000. All I really wanted was a base BEV with the heat pump for 150 bucks extra. But, for $200 a month I live with that extra junk!

This is the nth time I have seen someone suggest such a thread. Always the “let’s do it” suggestion which is just code for “you guys do it”.

When someone puts in the work like @Lvs23 did with his commuter/$250 thread, I will applaud them.
Until then…

8 Likes

It was time consuming and I wasn’t sure it how benefitial it was aside for about a dozen user.
I’m still hoping to pick it up again:)

4 Likes

I think what we really need across the board is a standard for mileage being posted in the lease spreadsheets. That, and somehow to aggregate the data from Edmunds into a RV/MF master list for every month. Why hasn’t anyone been able to do that yet? I’m just tired of seeing deals that are for 7.5k miles per year. I can’t imagine that’s a good baseline figure for the average car owner.

I also would assume regional tags and separation need to be used a bit more diligently on the site. It feels like a lot of regions are underrepresented. It could be useful to post deals that include a shipping estimate if they can be replicated OOS, or simply have a section dedicated to deals that are up for shipping/will work for other states if signed in person or otherwise.

There are plenty of threads for people who have tried. And plenty of discussion about the challenges. It you are shopping your deal, why isn’t it worth 10 mins of your time to post on Edmunds and get the correct answer for this month?

Why can’t you just keep a Post-It note of the +/- % from 7.5/10/12/15?

1 Like

For point 1: That is the essence of this whole discussion. 10 minutes for one car maybe, assuming that they respond in a reasonable amount of time. But multiply that by all cars available and then sort the list. Can Edmunds do that very easily?

For point 2: That’s assuming all deals have the same degredation of adjustments across the mileage range. (unless I missed something and that’s actually how RV works.) Same problem though. Multiply the variables and your number isn’t just some simple solution.

Assuming that no one actually ‘owns’ the data. The real way to capture it might be with a chat bot that specifically goes out at the beginning of every month, requests a deal for each car on edmunds, and then replies back with the results. The problem is still massaging the data to be in the right format and to be free of human errors. It’s an outdated system for sure and I’m frankly surprised that Edmunds hasn’t made their human chatrooms obsolete yet with automation.

Yes they pay for the data

That’s the rub. It’s not published anywhere you can look at it, especially not all the data, for all the brands, in every region, every month. This is why the bigger brokers and independents pay for desking tools that also buy the data and make it available to their customers.

I’d say leasehackr starts charging a premium membership then, and include the aggregation in the perks section.

2 Likes

Entire point of the website.

1 Like

So, someone like volvo1 posts here that a new XC90 should be targeted at least at 15% off or more and loaner at 20%+ off to be considered a strong deal. How does that help others when it is not real world numbers? Browse Share Deals and brokers’ offers in Marketplace to get idea about ongoing deals.

5 Likes