Mitigation of layoff impact in Seattle and Norcal

If any of us think the dealers are doing LH type deals because they are altruistic…ummmmmm🤪

You can bet that if it was better for them (in the OVERALL picture) to not do the deal they would. Its just logic. Unless ones grandmother owns the dealership, they are not just trying to be kind*

*notice I didnt say cousin, uncle etc. From the “family” stories weve seen here, most of those deals werent exactly stellar😝

3 Likes

Not sure who are the people who got paid more to WFH. I’ve been remote for the past 2.5 years (not by choice, but I love the flexibility) and I can assure you that my pay has not gone up.

You need a raise.

Haha…I’m in Tech so wish me luck.

2 Likes

No commuting, no cost of fuel, time saved by not driving, all meals at home, ability to mow the lawn at lunch🤪

The people who are getting called back to the office and who ditched a car to WFH will feel like their pay got cut since they previously got a “raise” when they ditched that stuff to begin with.

4 Likes

Trust me, I’m not complaining at all. My commute used be 2+hrs into Boston one way. My office permanently closed last year after an acquisition.

This past week, my company started implementing in-office Wednesdays. It is not a requirement to go into an office if you are close to one, but it is highly recommended for collaboration purposes.

2 Likes

Then you’ve completely misunderstood what leasehacking is.

6 Likes

So all the engineers who left my company during the Great Resignation did so because 1) They can work remote (our company was making them go back into the office) and 2) More money.

And as others have said… working remote is sort of a life raise (although there is some monetary savings in fuel, dry cleaning, waters saved from less showers :), people moving to less expensive areas).

1 Like

I take more showers being home :slight_smile:. Back in 2019 before covid, I moved to a less expensive part of my state at the time. Although I have been able to save on fuel costs and commute time, I can’t say the same for my electric bill.

With my electric bill having gone up by more than 64% compared to the previous month, I will be switching to solar this year.

1 Like

get solar, it has better ROI than anything else on the market right now

10-15%

You don’t have to convince me. I’m currently in the process of reviewing two proposals.

1 Like