Midsize luxury cars

And be extra careful of your cycle. If you lease a luxury midsize car. It seems like you’ll go over your mileage. and that will become expensive on your part. Just my 2 cents.

So, how do you guys stay within your limit? Houston is a big city! Since I’m married now and work at home now, I guess I can use my wife’s car for long distance trips or something along that line.

If you think you will still drive more than 15k/year, it’s probably better to buy/finance the car instead of leasing

Buy a cheap car. Check chevy cruze

For long trips (> 150 miles one-way), it’s an instant rental for me. Drop car off at Enterprise, transfer stuff, go on road trip, drive back to Enterprise, transfer stuff and drive my car home.

Check this tactic. Since you have a “complex” situation, you really need to read up on everything under Leasing 101 (top navigation)

1 Like

Sometimes someone types hundreds of characters and still has nothing to say

Haha, quote of my day!!!

I know, right? Don’t you hate it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

But what if they collect $199?

1 Like

And you send all those words to 100 dealers :wink:

2 Likes

Hi All,

After speaking with VW credit last night, I have 3 remaining payments before my lease is done of payments of $487(1,461). I have gone over 32k miles over my mileage. I was thinking about financing the car because after the lease the car will cost: $13,989.20 and if I turned in the car, I will pay 6k and tax and wear and tear and etc… A BMW dealership offered to give me 8k for the car, so I was thinking maybe I should finance the car for one year and hopefully by that time I would have driven enough negative equity out of it that I can sell it for 8k and start off fresh or should I just suck it up and just trade the car in and roll the neg eq to my new lease or new/use finance car?

You should suck it up, finance it and drive it til the wheels fall off.

2 Likes

I always get a small chuckle when people go so far over their miles.

Next time, just get 2 chevy cruze for 45k miles for only $200/ month. lol

Because that’s exactly what he needs right now an AUdi or a Porsche lol? Particularly when he is 36k over mileage lol

1 Like

It’s always easy to chuckle at someone until you’ve been in their shoes.

I would look into if VW will forgive portion of the over mileage if you take the Passat. Who know you may only have to pay 3k-4k out of pocket for taking another VW deal. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly. You will never know how the other person feels until you have walked an extra 36k miles in their shoes lol

1 Like

OP asked for luxury car options. He can decide what he wants to do.