Midsize/Full-size appliance lease under $200 w$0DAS

$750\36=$20.83. 20.83+199= $219.83. That’s your true monthly payment. Still a great deal

@moosetaco Did you end up getting a good deal? Let me know what vehicles you looked into that looked close to your original post.

Also, Bump. :slight_smile:

So I did end up getting a really good offer on a Equinox, $199 a month nothing down.

However, the experience with the dealer was pretty terrible and we had been negotiating an LT from the get go. Once they gave me the vin for the car they were ready to move on it turned out to be an LS. Not a huge difference in equipment, but it was enough for me to call it quits with that dealership.

I had a Sonata SE offer for $207 nothing down including a $500 military discount. I was ready to go on that but then found out you have to have a “boost up” account open for 30 days to use it.

I have about 15 more days until I can use my boost up account. I’m going to try and pickup with the Hyundai where I left off since the incentives are basically the same this month.

Good luck!

You’re not dealing with clergy. They’re sales people. You’re going to have to tolerate a little bit of BS here and there to get the best deal. See if you can hack the LT for $199/mo. My experience in calling out their BS has been them getting really defensive. So I’ve actually just learned to be amiable, but being firm and fair about what I want to pay, and being prepared with facts.

Obviously, you should do everything over email or phone, but some sales people will just ignore you, and I’ve had to actually come in to the dealership to negotiate.

1 Like

Everything thus far is via email. I will never negotiate in the showroom again. Such an archaic process to buy a car.

Honestly the LT/LS swap was the final strike against the equinox. I wasn’t really too excited about the prospects of getting one to begin with. Had the process been smoother I proywould have pulled the trigger.

Sonata seems to be the sweet spot, plus I have the boost up working in my favor this month. I’m gonna see what I can work with a Passat, but most likely Hyundai will be getting my business. My local dealer still has 12 SE’s on the lot.

1 Like

Too many customers do business with people who have not been truthful. That’s why we have the system we do.

Good for you for not doing business with them.

2 Likes

Truth. Thanks man.

I thought you were just looking for appliance - as long as it hit the price point, trim etc was not important?

5 Likes

Sometimes there’s a straw that breaks the proverbial camel’s back. Once you’ve lost faith in a counter party you’ve lost most of your interest in doing business with them.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Well, I know someone has already posted @rubbergash deals, here’s my pitch.

1. Honest (or pretty close) dealer. Expect to drive out of there in about 90 minutes with exactly what is stated. Make sure you call ahead because their inventory moves fast.

2. 2019 Jetta S auto for $600 DAS and $186/mo.

3. The new Jetta is pretty big. Not fast, but it’s an appliance car. The interior is simple but nice. It comes with apple carplay and android auto.

4. You can get a 1 way ticket from SFO to SDO on Alaskan for less than $100.

1 Like

Thanks you for offering something of purpose to the thread.

So I would be all over that deal if I wasn’t currently driving a Jetta we are looking to get out of.

It’s been a great car for the past year, but we just moved my one year old from an infant seat into a rear facing convertible. This leaves little to no room in the front passenger seat for my wife (She’s 5’11” and I’m 6’4”).

I made out really well last year on the Jetta lease, so if I buy it out and sell it I don’t think I will be out more than a couple hundred dollars. Payoff right now is a little less than $14k.

That’s the reason we’re after something bigger.

1 Like

Well with that info I’ll say passat again, go sit in one, that back seat is huge. http://autonationdrive.com/rear-legroom-battle-of-mid-size-sedans/

Everything else you mentioned is less rear seat leg room, go find an '18 passat before they’re gone

Absolutely. I reached out the salesperson I leased our Jetta from last year and no response. Probably time to just send an email to the dealer and see what kind of numbers I get. Thanks.

Just picked up a 2018 Sonata SE. I don’t think I got the best deal, but I’m pretty happy with it.

Used boost up, so I put $500 down and they matched it so $1k and $500 military incentive.

That combined with $5k in rebates got me a monthly payment of $195 for 10k miles a year.

Calculator says I should be a couple bucks less, but close enough for me to stop the search.

Thanks for all the help.

Bumping this for October - any great mid size sedan deals out there?

I think the best deal is the Sonata. Looks like the $5k incentive stayed the same. The money factor and residual pretty much suck at .00224 and 52% respectively, but the incentives more than make up for it compared to the competition.

If you can/have plan ahead with the boost up program it’s a pretty unbeatable deal for a solid midsize. (FYI Have to have your funds in boostup account for 30 days before HYUNDAI will match.)

I’m still very happy with the car, but… I do miss the keyless entry. Going from keyless back to a fob is a pretty big bummer. Sacrifices…

Unless it has changed, you only need to have opened a boost up account (with like $5 or something) 30 days prior. You can top up to $500 the day before.

Still the same.

Does Hyundai still apply Boost up and Uber discounts to their vehicles? Those discounts are no longer on their online calculator.