Mercedes PPM and Lease Care Plans Worth it?

Hello leasehackrs,

I am going to sign a new lease deal with Mercedes for GLB250.

Last time, I felt I got scammed in the last when they added 2000(PPM) and 1000(lease care) for 3 yr/30k miles lease to my MSRP and residualized it. It almost increased my lease by $30/month.

Is PPM and Lease Care Worth it?

If I opt to take it, what is a reasonable MSRP for PPM and leasecare I should aim to be paying. I have see people paying much less than what I was paying here on leasehackr forum. Thanks. Any help will be appreciated.

What are you even talking about? The cheapest way to get Mercedes OEM PPM is to residualize it.

Add a link to a LH calculator. Talking about “how much will my monthly payment go up?” is not how this forum works.

1 Like

There are plenty of threads already discussing this. Bottom line is, it’s your money and YOU have to decide if it’s worth it to you or not.

Hey,

I understand it will be residualized. I was just checking what is a reasonable non-residualized amount ( to be added to cap cost for a 3 yr/30k miles lease) for this. Through the posts at lease hackr forum about PPM, I have understood that it is at dealers discretion to decide that amount (since everyone is paying different amount for it).
I never asked for how much should my monthly payment go up. I am just trying to understand how much should I be ideally paying to not get scammed again.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I went through a lot of them. It is very apparent that it is one of the many things you can negotiate while talking about your lease. I wanted to understand what is that number (amount) to target while negotiating on it. If they come to it, take it else leave it.

Some threads do talk about, how it is just for 3 servicing (expected in 3 years), since this is my first car, I am really not sure if I should take it and what is the worst that can happen if I do not take it.

Are you planning to take to an MB dealer service station for all maintenance? Probably only worth it in that situation.

You might be able to find more info on the price range of PPM on mbworld.org.

Are you asking the $ price you should pay for the plan? Then ask that. Stop confusing by throwing in terms like “non-residualized” for no reason. The answer to that is: The MSRP of the PPM. Don’t pay more than that (which is likely what happened last time). Dealer isn’t likely to go below that either.

Add the MSRP of the PPM to both the MSRP of the car and the selling price in your calculator. Obviously the change in your monthly is going to depend on RV, MF and tax rate, but that’s realistically the cheapest way to add MB OEM PPM.

Thanks. I updated the wordings in the post.

How do we get to know the MSRP of the PPM? I tried checking mercedes online, I could not find any number on that.

Hey, yes. It is very near to my place and if a reasonable price can get me to use authorized servicing, I would want do that.

Did you build the car on their website?

Yes, I got the exact specifics and could match the MSRP that they are quoting for the loaner (1.5k miles) I am going to lease.

They used to show MSRP on the PPM. When I tried looking just now (incl building a car), I could not find it.

I wouldn’t pay more $1500 for 3 yrs, personally.

Sneaky lil fockers

I would assume based on prior posts for 4-cylinder Mercedes that MSRP for a GLB250 PPM is around $1,000-$1,100

Got it thanks. What are your views regarding the lease care?

I don’t follow MB too much…what exactly does 3 years of PPM cover? Whatever it covers, get the amounts of those services from a reputable Indy, and compare. Determine if the premium for getting service done at the dealership is worth it to you. Personally I’d pass.

Thanks. I also remember seeing ~1100 for PPM and ~700 for lease care in one of the threads.

PPM makes sense when the total increase to the lease cost is less than your cost outlay to perform the needed services through a reputable service center.

Hey,

By Reputable indy, you mean reputable private service centers?

Yes. You don’t need to do the service through the MB dealer.

Got it. I read somewhere that the warranty might not be covered if we do it but I think that’s not true. Would you take lease care?