Mercedes PPM and Lease Care Plans Worth it?

There are people that will try to tell you this to get you to buy their ppm packages, but it isn’t true. Legally, they can’t require you to use the dealer for service.

Personally, I have never seen any value in lease care plans.

Thanks. As far as I know, lease care covers the cost of minor dents, paint, seat scratches, one key missing, wind shield etc charges. Lets see how much they quote and I can take a decision accordingly.

Have you had issues with your previous vehicles regarding those things? I’ve never been hit with a charge for any of those things on previous vehicles, so the pay out isn’t there for me. Others that tend to accumulate damage may feel differently.

I had a manufacturing defective car lease a month back. They are gonna give me another lease in some weeks. This would be my first car, thats why unsure on a lot of things.

Federal law states that is illegal.

Yes, but if the car was defective from the factory, that’s different from damage occurring the lease. I personally don’t think lease care is worth it, but, as others have said, YMMV depending on how careful you are w/ your car.

Also, MB does (or used to) forgive small dings, dents, etc.

If you get a decent MSRP for PPM and it gets residualized, I personally would take it b/c I find the dealership more convenient. But, again, only you know what your preferences are.

Thanks.
I have also had good experience with the dealership services here. Ideally I would want to take it, obviously given the right MSRP on PPM.

Lease Care - As you said, might not be real value for money.

As I understand, if I plan on getting the services done at the dealership, it is better to take PPM else find a good private servicing center and get it done there.

I would agree.

Also, I researched through many posts here and the MSRP looks like this:

PPM - $1110 (3 yr/10k) , ~$850 (2yr/10k)
Lease Care - ~$750 (3yr/10k)
Let me know if someone recently got to know these numbers. Thanks.
May be @AutoCompanion @Calvin.MB can help in this.

Send me a PM and I will help you.

Done. Thanks.

Wow $1110 for 2 oil changes, man Mercs are expensive to take care of.

If it’s residualized, you pay only (1-%RV) of that price plus a tiny amount of interest.

Depending on the model, Service B includes a brake flush.

When the premium over going to an Indy is small, it’s nice to go to MB instead to take a loaner or wait in a nicer lounge.

So you are saying that this $1100 is for a car with an RV of 110k? If so, ok I believe it.

No, what he’s saying that if the msrp of the service is $1100, and the RV of the vehicle is say 54%, your out of pocket cost for the ppm is actually 46% of that $1100, or $506 (plus some token rent charge amount)

Also if ones eats enough snacks and coffee you can try and get your monies worth!

:grinning:

3 Likes

Oh I wasn’t aware that they would calc an RV on 3 years of Service since it isn’t a main item on the car and would be expired anyhow upon lease return.

Gods I’m confused now, I was less confused on a $1100 pair of oil changes.

Yah, that’s the benefit of a maintenance options that can be residualized (like the mb ppm). Stuff like audicare approaches it slightly differently by not being residualized, but increasing the actual residual value.

Even though it ends at the end of the lease and doesn’t continue after lease return? Sounds like a loophole to me. Any good ones for other cars like Kia?

Not really a loophole when it’s specifically what they offer.

It’s a good way to get you to pay in advance for service and it insures that their vehicles either get serviced or they get paid for the service anyway. I’m sure their costs for service are still less than what they charge after it’s residualized.