Mercedes G63 lease feedback

only works with a little tax fraud, key to almost all g wagon ownership

2 Likes

Iā€™m always quantitative in my financial decisions. Iā€™m not a business owner, so assessing risk from others isnā€™t something I factor much in a decision like this and canā€™t speak of. My napkin math struggles to find equity at an interest rate of 9-10% versus 5% with $180k + $100k at the end, but it feels like the qualitative factor (sleeping at night) is a variable that has a lot of weight here. Sleeping at night is always a top priority for me, so it sounds like your decision is less financial (quant) and more avoiding risk (qual).

It appears your mind is made up and in situations that are less financial, you should go with your gut. FWIW, this is a very rare situation Iā€™d advise against as what I see the better financial decision.

2 Likes

I am clutchā€™s other intern. I am looking for an intern to the intern actually.

8 Likes

MBFS rug pulled once, so thatā€™s a hard stop for my scenarios. But if you plan to take from term itā€™s much less a factor.

1 Like

One other lease end equity calculation is that a facelift (and long-rumored electrification) is possible or even likely for MY25.

The 24 order guide printed this week and no major changes.

1 Like

Hit the delete button accidentally lol.

I was going to say the main reason to lease a G63 is business purposes because otherwise you are paying for non existent depreciation.

Iā€™ve been able to play the market and get a 2021, 2022, and 2023 at msrp from three different dealers.

Obviously did well with the 2021 and only lost a little on the 2022 due to the softening market. I still got above msrp for it, but due to taxes I lost about $2,000 over 5 months of ownership.

I love my current spec and got financing in March 2023 from a credit union at 3.45%, but I like changing things up each year and staying ahead of maintenance. Iā€™ve heard brake jobs are close to $10,000 for these vehicles.

If I can get close to msrp back for a 2024 Iā€™ll keep it going.

6 Likes

Can you cook(will test skills)? And move to nyc?

2 Likes

New for 24: https://media.mbusa.com/releases/release-3d887000ab3e5d05b6c9cc413b04da7e-the-mercedes-amg-g-63-grand-edition-special-model-in-matte-black-with-gold-colored-accents

1 Like

Iā€™m confused- how did the G become a hack?

Buy and hold for 12 months - resell at MSRP - I think

1 Like

This is meant to be a long time hold for us, definitely to term.

And expecting to do 100,000 miles before term end.

@GOAT mmr needed post incoming :rofl::rofl:

High stakesā€¦always tempting.

Fwiw. Donā€™t forget benz charges a 4% fee to buyout your lease. If it was me, Iā€™d rather finance it from the get-go

2 Likes

Looks like youā€™ve done the math and have your heart set on this truck. Iā€™d say ā€œdo itā€

Agree with @derekoh1991 to find one at msrp tho. They seem to be dropping quickly.

2 Likes

If that holds, I should have 40-50k in equity at term.

Donā€™t plan on buying out the lease prematurely.

Would be ideal and could have ordered one last year but decided not to and now I think the timing is right to move forward.

Iā€™d probably get screamed at if I didnā€™t pay an ADM

1 Like

Money GIF

2 Likes

@KU4D only 15k over on this one: iPacket

May as well go as big as possible.

1 Like

OP is married - just buy her something that isnā€™t a G - I donā€™t get it - men buy this to flex not because theyā€™re going off-road

Iā€™d buy it just to saunter around NYC

3 Likes

Here is a guy who doesnā€™t get it.

2 Likes