Mercedes G63 lease feedback

2023 G 63. Checked on a few across the country, one locally sold for 50K over before I could see it in person and make an in person offer.

Mercedes G 63
Sticker -199
Initial ADM $25K. Would finance it at 9.99% and agree to hold for 6 months before refinance. Would only agree to lease if they could make backend profit (MF markup). Initial markup to 0.00450 (base 0.00275 on ratefindr)

We agreed to drop the ADM to 10k, take down MF to 0.004 and this is essentially ($25,000 over sticker profit).
Dealer fees/add ons 1500
Tax 5%
DMV fees havent quite figured them out and they guestimated them.

48/15, 50% residual., MF 0.00400, 5 % tax → 3760/mo with first payment DAS
with 10 MSDs —> 35xx/mo 1st DAS
48/20------------------------------------------------------> 3900/mo, first DAS
also considered 48/24950 (highest allowed) → 4093/first DAS

any thoughts. This is gonna be roughly 80% business use.

2 Likes

Your wife going to scream at you for paying ADM

Flex use

12 Likes

I would lease it with the lowest ADM possible, then immediately buy it out with finance at your preferred credit union. There have been G63s going at sticker recently and market is definitely softening. Your agreement to not sell within 6 months is worth about as much as the piece of paper it’s written on. That dealer might just not sell you another car.

4 Likes

MBFS buy rate on a finance in in the lowish 7’s for 60 and 72 term for a G63 at top tier.

I am taking delivery of mine on Friday.

My big picture notes would be to not count on MBFS to let you out of a lease easily, and to do everything possible to get your tax basis down.

2 Likes

$180k to lease for 48 months?

What’s purchase equal over 60?

Residual leaves you with $100k buyout at the end.

Excel is your friend in this situation.

3 Likes

Make sure to apply the @Neuralnexus rebate for another $500 savings

3 Likes

What happens to the MF (rent charge) in this scenario? If it goes away and you’re just paying depreciation, then this is absolutely the way to go.

Before I forget doesn’t MB tax 4% extra if you buyout early?

You hiring? I’m open boss

6 Likes

I thought you took the delivery already

1 Like

I needed to wait for the title on my trade to print. Friday looking good!

No duplicate title?

ive done the math backwards and forwards on this.

assuming its worth xxx amount at 48 months, ill have equity and can capture it.

leasing allows me to maximize my tax savings and don’t have to worry about any income recapture which negate most of the tax benefits.

in worst case scenarios- ive done the math at 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72 months and based on used vehicle prices I might be overpaying on a lease by about $200/month. In best case scenario if I can capture a huge amount of equity at lease end, I come out cheaper than a finance.

we dont have the best record of keeping vehicles in pristine condition or accident free history and this allows me to sleep easy without worrying about huge depreciation from carfax hx or damage.

2 Likes

What does a used one go for after 4 years? How much equity are you expecting ?

10k isn’t even worth it, plus MF inflated, bro

3 Likes

I love the earth and now I need 500 bucks

all in all, its a little over 25K over.

for me it aint worth it.

but it aint for me.

2 Likes

Some are at MSRP, find them, not the ones charging ADM

4 Likes

We know
We know
The wife screams at you

2 Likes

if theres equity, ill be happy, if not, im ok as well.

48 mo tax savings are roughly $45000
with a purchase and resale, depending on the resale price etc- im looking at best at $25000 savings.

im estimated a possible 20-40k in equity, although she’s gonna be driving about 20k miles a year and there arent any high mileage ones really on the market to compare to. @Bumboola any info here? @Swedish ?

1 Like

I have a finance approval at 5.74% from my bank. Even doing the math there, i felt more comfortable taking a 10K hit and leasing.