Mercedes CLS 53 AMG 2020 $10,124 drive off $1161 monthly payment

Maybe it is time to spend some $$ and hire a broker.

You can prob buy this car for around $85k. Youā€™re spending $49k to drive it for 3 years. That should answer your question. Will it be worth less then 40k in 3 years? Maybe but itā€™s still a terrible value lease

Correct but I canā€™t see how financing it would be better. Yes the rent charge on a lease is much more than financing charges when bought but I would rather not risk the trade in value being much lower than expected 3 years down the road.

its a terrible value proposition anyways. But so are many cars in this category

1 Like

and to add god forbid the car gets into a non-total accident, then you have to deal with diminished values and it becomes a giant mess, but what do I know

buying used or certified would be the way to go, but even then thereā€™s no gurantee the value of the car after 3-4 years will be close to the projections anyway.

Cars lose tons of value anyway if you have the funds to not care then it is what it is. The Amgā€™s stabilize out in their depreciation curve after 5 years but by then dealing with out of warranty repairs is a crapshoot.

Why are you so taking this so personally? All Iā€™m saying instead of leasing the CLS for 3 years itā€™s cheaper to finance it and resell it in an equivalent time frame because you can finance at a lower rate than the captive lease. My point was that the BMW that was designed to compete the the CLS will lease better and significantly so. And for your information a CLS is based on the E class platform. The CLS 53 is an E53 with a different roofline. Iā€™m personally looking at convertibles, so thatā€™s what I drove. I prefer the BMW V8 compared to the Mercedes I6, since itā€™s essentially a detuned m8 with a different exhaust. The BMW dealership that I work with is giving me the same % discount regardless of body style- YMMV depending on what region youā€™re in and who you work with.

Be nice, please. Letā€™s not get out of hand or weā€™ll have to lock ā€˜er up.

1 Like

Itā€™s very difficult to follow your posts. I just replied to you to cool it when I saw the name calling. Thatā€™s it. Letā€™s just keep it civil and on topic.

Fair enough.

Can you explain difficult to read my posts? are they too long? too many?

Your writing style just feels like a long stream of consciousness without T9 :blush:.

Sorry, trying to stuff as much detail in as possible without writing so much that people get lost/ the thread gets cluttered. Clearly people got lost anyway, big oof on my part. Iā€™m too detail oriented I guess.

I think LH is sometimes a good outlet for people that might otherwise hurt themselves or others. JS

Your friends at BMW

2 Likes

or you know people are getting butthurt when they get called out for bad info or not relevant to opā€™s question and try to justify itā€¦ like on the c63 thread, feels like every Amg thread goes the same way, probably just wasting my time explaining stuff.

OP, let us know if you have any LH specific questions. I think this thread went way too personal and way beyond the scope of thread.