MSRP: $ 96,340
Monthly Payment: $ 1161
Drive-Off Amount: $ 10,122
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: Not sure
Residual: 52%
Region: WA

This should be moved to ask the hackers…I just had an aneurysm at 10k down :face_vomiting: you’re effectively paying 1500 a month for a 97k car. Do yourself a favor and get an m850…they go for about a grand all in.

6 Likes

Not even worth it.

In fact if you can live without the cut down head room and the ability to tell people your sedan is a ‘coupe’ you could get a V8TT (like the M850i GC) M550i for ~$650 with normal drive offs.

2 Likes

Bad deal. Very bad deal

like… WTF. If this is a good deal, I have a bridge to sell you dear sir

Moved thread to Ask the Hackrs.

This is an absolutely dreadful deal. The fact that the dealer would even offer this is such a slap in the face. Look elsewhere.

The fact that you’re asking is good, though. These are the types of things that need to be asked in advance, rather than asking after the deal is already signed. This would certainly qualify in our “worst deals you’ve ever seen” thread if you’d have signed it.

2 Likes

yeah while we are at it if you dont need the backseats for the kids, and don’t have to flex your v8 and can live with the shame of driving a plebian 3 series I think you can get an m340i for $500. /s

I called this shit in the Maserati thread, evaluate his deal stop yelling bmw on every thread…

4 Likes

Agreed. He can get a Kia for cheaper also. Not everyone wants a BMW even if they have great deals.

He has somewhat of a point. These two brands are direct competitors, but not everyone knows you can lease a BMW for half of MB.

3 Likes

Glad I didn’t do it. I knew it’s not too good, I didn’t know it’s actually too bad :). There are not much about CLS 53 MFs and lease deals in general in the forum. I just saw some people talking about Rodo having some deals 12% off of MSRP. This is not even 11%. Anyway, I will negotiate and see what I am getting. Thanks for all responses!
EDIT: For the context I have been negotiating for quite a while not taking the first shot here. They wouldn’t go a penny down from this, hence posted. Anyway.

From what I am calculating given 52% residual and 0.0017 MF from Mercedes Benz financial (if this is true). I am looking at least this numbers that may make this a better deal:

there’s nicer ways of putting it, not to mention the m850 is a coupe and the cls is a sedan. The guy clearly has no idea what he’s talking about and just throws a random M model in there. At least compare the right model, the direct competitor to the cls53 is the m850 gc which I can assure you will probably be the same monthly as the cls 53 near $1500 for that price point just get an m5… but not everybody wants an m5.

1 Like

The GCs have lower MSRP and higher RV. Please tell me how that isn’t the formula for a better lease? Maybe your region is different, but m850s of any body style aren’t selling in SoCal because the 840 exists and the m8 exists.

I haven’t done too much research but the gc is a brand new model for 2020, regardless of if it doesn’t sell well it’s still going to be hard to get a huge discount this early in the game. It’s definitely gonna be 1200+ per month, with the right options $1500 doesn’t sound too far fetched?

Does it lease better than a cls53? yes the numbers say so but maybe he doesn’t give a shit about monthly and just wants to get a good deal on a cls… you called the deal out for what it was… that’s fine but people in this price point have particular tastes and he probably has already seen the m850 so why scream bmw when he asks for a deal evaluation.

The issue with most AMG branded Mercedes is that they do not lease well with the exception of the c43 on occasion- which is why I gave the advice of the 850. If that’s the class of car you want, the BMW is the way to go. If you are looking at an AMG exclusively, you should buy and not lease. Paying 54k to lease a 96k car is absurd.

2 Likes

No the issue is that Amg doesn’t have inflated residuals like the M cars, at the end of 3 years these cars are usually worth the 5x% of their msrp. You lease a M car you will always be in the red at the end of 3 years, when you lease an Amg you may still be in the red but their residuals are more in line with what the car is actually worth.

Own one of these cars after warranty and see how much a repair bill is when something inevitably goes wrong with these cars. These aren’t cheap little hondas, something breaks on one of these cars and it’s $1k minimum to the dealer and you can’t use cheap a** ebay parts on these cars, good individual german mechanics are also a rare commodity.

As far as the “class of car” comment goes

Big question here is have you driven cars of this caliber? Have you compared the 53 Amg to the M850? Seems like you are just comparing monthly’s here which is not how comparisons go(there’s more to it than monthly payments). have you footed the bill when something goes wrong with an Amg car? If the answer is No then you shouldn’t really be giving advice.

At the end of the day op has already said he’s been researching the cls 53. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but you are not his daddy nor are you making the monthly payments on his car.

It’s the same argument on every one of these threads mostly by people who have never even driven an M/Amg car and/or have no idea what they’re talking about when it actually comes to the market of the car, as well as actual aspects of each vehicle.

It’s quite clear that you have no idea how a lease works or for that matter buying a new car.

1. It doesn’t matter if the residuals for BMW are inflated or not, the is the bank’s problem not the customer’s.

2.Repairs in the first few years? Covered by warranty.

1. I daily a 2018 Audi S4. Dropping another $200/month to get a m850 is definitely something I’ve considered and I’ve driven it back to back with with the e53.
2 Likes

Why would you care if the residual is inflated? We aren’t talking about buying the car.

did you not see his post on the bottom? he’s telling the dude to go buy the amg… that’s why inflated residuals were brought up.