Mercedes Benz GLC accident before vehicle being shipped

Easier to say than do, but yes. It’s not your car. Don’t get attached to things you rent.

3 Likes

It being in transit has nothing to do if products you bought are cancellable. Usually warranty/maintenance has 30 days.

Ohh, I did not know that. Good point.If circumstances were different I would consider that. At this point I will not because it will be even a bigger inconvenience that repair it.

:popcorn:

:bat:

1 Like

Butter? Caramel? Or Kettle?

Unless you marry a dullard, to double HHI.

There’s a great commercial here somewhere… “In the luxury automotive world you have many choices… you can choose a vehicle ravaged by Trash Pandas, or you can visit your local BMW dealer and take advantage of our once a year X5Toberfest. The choice is yours.”

4 Likes

You don’t have to take delivery upon arrival. Even if you arranged the shipping. The shipper won’t just leave the car without it being signed for.

Might be more hassle than it’s worth.

1 Like

Is it just me or does it look like a scratch on the trim work? I don’t see the big deal as long as they pay to fix it. That’s not a collision accident its a …scratch…

1 Like

One man’s scratch is another man’s raccoon vandalism and another man’s omg accident…
The severity of damage is in the eye of the beholder (and lessee)…

8 Likes

If thats the only imperfection, just have it fixed. Most of the scratch looks like on the plastic seal anyways. Does the door need to be painted? You may even ask for the check in the amount of repair estimate and hold off until you do a lease inspection at the end. You can even profit from it, who knows.

What if raccoon still resides there? Although the damage looks like the Wolverine had an itch, but you can never be too careful.

1 Like

If only I knew an insurance adjuster with same logic! :wink:

Lots and lots of cars get damage at the factory, during transport to the dealer, or at the dealership before purchase. Damage is fixed and nobody cares. Way more common than people realize. I guess what people don’t know doesn’t hurt them

3 Likes

I agree with @surfer lol for once

1 Like

Why didn’t your shipper tell you? I would think they know they are picking up a brand new car, and should expect it to be pristine, and inspect it before they take possession. I think the shipping co. should have reached out to you as well to let you know the car has damage.

2 Likes

I am talking with them today

If you got a good deal on it and they’ve already told you they will pay for the repair then there’s nothing left to be said. It’s an inconvenience for sure but life happens sometimes, no need for lawyers nor compensation.

1 Like

Got you. It seems that this it’s the most popular opinion and what I thought, although I am still pissed off. They should have not to hide that from me.

Hey man, they are not hiding - it is the raccoon! I suggest talking to animal control …

Just kidding . good luck with the repairs…

1 Like