Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

I’m confused as to what this means. Did you want to put more or less down? What was your target?

What needed to be explained inside the FI office? How did you not have an understanding of these before you stepped in there? Again, having a well-defined target would have avoided all this wasted time and effort.

1 Like

I don’t even want an EQS, but I would have taken this deal without asking for feedback on the forum. :grin:

5 Likes

Exactly, I’m looking for EQE, I can’t even get it close to $500 monthly. :stuck_out_tongue:

I live in a taycan, my dad has the EQS. It’s still cheaper than NYC rent

3 Likes

Is there a world where dealers use Dealer Cash to discount the car on the back end and allow you to use EV and Fleet still for incentives? Just thinking out loud

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing.
Especially after seeing this recent deal with total incentives of 29.5K (7.5 EV + 12 Amex Fleet + 10K Dealer Cash) and a relatively modest MSRP discount (11.5%):

Would love to get confirmation from the experts.

That is a decent deal but I don’t understand why leave max MSDs for saving 40-60$ a month to have $6500 hung up for 24 months.

1 Like

I would like to hear how the delaers are adding the 10K cash.

$75 a month, so about 13.8% per year return on the $6500.
It is a decent return, no?

1 Like

Honed in on a 580 SUV loaner…5k miles. Guess they’re going to play dumb on this. Asked for my target price… response I got “I will lease that for myself for that price.” See if I can wear them down…

I mean I can throw that same amount into my business and triple it within 12 months.

you can also bring that $6500 to las vegas and triple it in a weekend. :laughing:

5 Likes

I have the following deal I am signing this week, but I can’t make the dealer’s numbers match with the calculator. Can you guys help explain what I’m doing wrong? There’s a $100/month discrepancy here. Dealer is telling me $855/month, whereas calc is showing $727.

Edit: I asked for max MSDs on it, without MSDs dealer quoted me $934/month with $1885 DAS. With MSDs, it’s $11,315 DAS ($9,500 MSD + $1815 first month/fees) at $865/month.

Calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Dealer numbers:

Which model? Money factor probably raised

EQS580 SUV 4matic.

You have the wrong MF in your calculator. Your resulting MF with MSD in the screen-shot is 0.00038. That means your starting MF was probably 0.0008.

I updated your calc here (still pre-tax) … I got much closer but getting it perfect will require that Delta-Guy’s-Math-Skillz.

PS, I have no clue how the residual works out to 55.8555%. I suspect the demo miles in the LH calculator do not get applied at the same rate by your dealer.

1 Like

If you back out the MSD from the “amount due to start” you get a DAS of $1,766.

2 Likes

Nvm thought cash surplus cancelled it out and they were using rebates guess that doesn’t make sense.

In the shared image, dealer side shows lease factor as 0.00038. Is that the post MSD MF, then?

I asked for max MSDs on it, without MSDs dealer quoted me $934/month with $1885 DAS. With MSDs, it’s $11,315 DAS ($9,500 MSD + $1815 first month/fees) at $865/month.

That $1815 doesn’t really look right, does it? Since acquisition fee is $1100 and first month is $865, that alone is more than the estimated $1815 (NJ no sales tax). However, he did say the fees are estimated and that the fees would be close, which I assume will mean higher.

The only way I could get to your dealer’s calc was if I started with a MF of 0.0008 then maxed out the MSD’s to bring it down to something around 0.00038 (…or 0.0004).

They are rolling the $1,095 acquisition as a capitalized cost. That’s why the Initial Cap Cost is $1,095 less than the Adjusted Cap Cost.