Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Hi,
I’m new on here.

I’m looking for a good deal on a EQS- I prefer the 450 suv but I don’t mind a 450+ sedan.
I’m located in NJ, I tried to price out some of the local dealers but they are all expensive.

Don’t mind if its a loaner.
Looking to be at 700-800 a month with 2k DAS.
I tried the tampa dealer everyone talking about but they are a pain to deal with and bunch of crappy people.

If anyone has any good dealers they dealt with, please share.
Preferably within 200-300 miles of NJ.

IMO, all the juicy EQS deals seem to be on the 580 SUVs at this time. I feel like Mercedes has course-correct production on the 450s and seems to have de-prioritized liquidating them at this time. The days supply of EQS 450 sedans is probably still rather high, but the massive glut of new rides flooding the channel seems to have slowed.

MBFS will eventually have to do something to blow out channel stock 2023s 450 sedans, they just haven’t done much lately.

If you can wait, I think you should hang tight until the 2024 model year EQS 450’s starts arriving. The new model year has the hyperscreen as standard even down to the 450s. This means the hundreds of 2023 model year 450 sedans languishing on lots will need some new incentives to move them since normal (non LH using) folks entering showrooms will find yet another reason to avoid the 2023 EQS 450 sedan.

One thing that may work against you is that the residuals on the 450 sedans continues to crash down. Along with higher interest rates, you may be facing a scenario where higher spiffs coming from MBUSA / MBFS aren’t enough to reduce DAS/monthlies from today’s levels.

3 Likes

How much are you wanting to put down?

Did trickle charging resolve the issue?

Knowing DJ the trickle charging just caused him to sign 3 more EQS leases.

Quotes are available for OPEN, please fill out REQUEST FORM at: HI This is BENZORNOTHING! MERCEDES-BENZ EQ & GLC Specific (Only)

Do we ever need to worry about 12V battery getting drained completely? Or does EQ has IQ to charge automatically from high voltage battery?

Yeah for few hours and worked fine

1 Like

Looking to be at 2000-2500

Joining the discussion. Got my 580 on Saturday. :blush:

3 Likes

Where do you even connect a trickle charger?

Did you have to go through the process of opening the hood?

1 Like

Yeah. Literally, it is in the same spot where all the MB handles are but there’s a cover over it thinking we not going to see it. LOL

I let it charge overnight and seems fine. EQS def hates the aspects of leaving doors open

1 Like

Well I was getting a wash the detailer just left the doors open for maybe 15 min and I tried to move it out of my driveway but it wouldn’t start at all. I figured it was the 12V battery

Actuallly… No lol

I only have 1 EQS in my house at the moment. Gave other 2 away to a friend in TX.

did you order another benz to extend lease? if so, what did you order?

Why does it matter? Weren’t you the one who wanted to order something and bail on it? lol

1 Like

I had it sitting for about a week and when I started it/turned it on yesterday I got a lot of blinking lights and failure warnings. I turned it off, open and closed the door and was completely dead, every light off. Open and closed the door again, everything turned back on but didn’t have any system profiles for a few min then it did what looked like a system reboot/initial start up and everything went back to normal. Its working fine now, driven it for a number of errands and everything is how it should be. It almost seemed like it got a software update and went throught a system reset/restart.

So this is a real thing, there are going to be a lot of people coming to an end of a good lease wanting to extend it and having to place an order.

On one side, this is the system that MB put in place and we have to play their game. The other side, I don’t want willfully screw over a dealership.

What do you suggest people do?
I was thinking of ordering a GLEe knowing it will take awhile but also the dealership shouldn’t have a problem moving it, right?
Maybe MBFS will wise up and acknowledge the crazy drop in used market price and just allow people to keep them, otberwise they’ll have massive write-offs coming.

I think EQS is a great lease vehicle, never would buy one. I already have an order for a GLS63 that covered two leases. If I want to keep other one, I might just have my buddy who has it take it up with his local dealer in Houston.

1 Like

Letting people keep cars with nominal or no payment will still result in a write-off.