Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

One regret I have is not to shop enough to find one with air suspension. It is comfortable enough but certainly not “floating” in smooth(!) surfaces of the 405.

1 Like

I guess that’s why style is subjective.

I think the EQS looks better, especially with the wood line dash instead of the star pattern. Like a lot better than the thinner, overly glossy S class dash. I also love the vent strip with ambient lighting and prefer the style of the turbine vented which are awesome.

On the other side, the way the arm rest flows into the dash is cooler on the S class.

1 Like

Turbine vents are the greatest design element of Merc for an aviation geek like me. Ambient lighting reminds me 90s neon craze married with strip club vibes but it grew on me. Now everyone is doing it. Overall Merc makes the best interior designs in the entire industry imo and latest design language is no exception to that .

1 Like

3 months into my EQS ownership and I’m encountering the following error: “Active Steering Assist Inoperative”.
Has anyone encountered this error?

1 Like

I think the EQS SUV is better inside than any SUV offering in the MB Lineup. So if a buyer is coming from a GLE or GLS, they will be very impressed by a EQS SUV interior. I don’t know why, but Mercedes has always made the GLS dramatically inferior to a S Class.

However, the same can’t be said for the EQS Sedan. The MB Lineup has always considered the pinnacle sedan to be the S Class. But then the EQS 580 Sedan is priced to compete against a S Class. I don’t quite understand MB’s logic here.

If MB really wanted to conquest people out of Tesla Model S, they’d simply run some funny promo like if someone trades in in a 2020 or newer Model S, they get $4,000 conquest cash or something. But as Derek Oh pointed out before, MB USA Sales has declared they aren’t going up against Tesla with the EQS (sedan?). So it makes no sense what was the strategy for the EQS Sedan. I guess that explains why people cross shop it against an IONIQ.

1 Like

Well that is a big part of the problem IMO.

Feature for feature, the EQS is similar or better than the S class IMO. Similar car but electric and even better NVH.

The issue is that the S class has built up a reputation over the decades for being an aspirational car. You buy an S class for the comfort, but also for what it projects due to that reputation. The EQS hasn’t earned that, and its exterior styling (though I actually like it) doesn’t sell the car. Also most MB buyers skew older and more conservative, so don’t need a flashy “look at my EV! look” A low drag coefficient doesn’t sell a 110k Mercedes.

They would have been better off by keeping the S class external styling and making an electric “trim” of the S class, similar to BMW with the 7 series.

2 Likes

You mean these “art” pieces they commissioned don’t make you aspire for EQS Sedan? Although one of the ads shows the driver door auto-opening… I don’t think any EQS does that or has soft-close doors?

When does the amex/fleet expire, is it end of this month? Do you think this month is the best (or close to best) month to get into EQB ?

I just printed out AMEX Fleet code and it says valid until 1/4/24/

1 Like

Huh, someone said Amex fleet was expiring on 11/1/2023. I guess they extended it?

I doubt EQB is going to get any better than this. I see replicable deals in $4xx effective I doubt Merc will try to attract Kona shoppers in the expense of their margins.

1 Like

$4xx effective! I thought most were in mid 5’s with tax included. Can you send a contact in so cal region?

There are two NorCal dealers doing ~$360/mo with $2k drive-off with max MSDs for 36/7.5k for a base EQB300. Shipping is like $250 or something. Just look in the marketplace. One is Joey, and the other is a cat lady. One is MB of Walnut Creek, and the other is Pleasanton.

1 Like

@oarfish, I think @cahrens just called you a cat

8 Likes

lol I do have 3 cats.

3 Likes

You need top of the mountain advertising when your product is inferior. This is what MB did exactly with EQS.

is the profile pic a siberian?

1 Like

a rag doll! I have 2 rag dolls and a doll face Persian :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They originally showcased the car with the auto-opening doors, but decided to nix it before production. Unfortunate

1 Like