Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

I had an EQS sedan as a loaner for a week and to me it’s luxurious enough inside. I didn’t like the stiff drive which carried over to the SUV. Also it’s pretty long and difficult to fit in my garage due to some cabinets I installed, which isn’t as much an issue with suv since those are shorter.

With that said if leases were still very cheap I would have been willing to deal with it haha.

At any rate the exterior grew on me but the SUVs definitely look better. I’ve always liked S classes and if/when they go electric that will be really compelling.

I have an iX and it’s nice inside and not as premium feeling as the EQS but the drive to me is better. It’s a BMW of course but I don’t think it has the typical curb appeal as a $100k BMW should, as most people are probably like “wtf is that” more than “I want one.”

1 Like

I’ve had people take pictures of mine. And caught them staring as well. Lol. I was not expecting that.

But you are right, it definitely does not feel like a $100k car.

1 Like

I am merely one page in, and find the repeated use of Denglisch mildly amusing, yet mostly infuriating. Why do we need “Design for Environment”, when Umweltgerechte Produktentwicklung gets the point across?

PJ

How much does the insurance cost on an EQS? I feel like even if you get a low monthly, it would still be an expensive car to insure.

Yeah, insurance in Northern California suck. Everything shot up over the last 6 months. But, the EQS450 has pretty much the same per-6 month premium than Model 3 Performance.

My State Farm Insurance (with deets so this is actually useful)

7,500 miles estimate per annum (matches the lease!)
Bodily Injury Coverage $500k accident / $250k per person
Property Damage Coverage Limit Per Accident $100,000
Medical Payments Coverage Limit $5,000
Comprehensive Coverage Deductible $1,000
Collision Coverage Deductible $1,000
Uninsured/Underinsured Motor Vehicle Coverage $500k accident / $250k person
Uninsured Motor Vehicle - Property Damage Coverage Limit Per Accident $1,000
No roadside

$923.92 per 6 months on the EQS and pretty much what it was on the Model 3.

But a BMW i4 is only $650 per 6 months with the same coverage and 7,500 per annum. Insuring a BMW i4 vs a Tesla is like banking free monies.

1 Like

Oh, no. Not Grandpa’s sack again.

1 Like

Haha everybody that has ever sat in the EQS absolutely hates the abnormally warm and uncomfortable pillows. I even tried to give one to my 4 year old on her toddler car seat and she’s like “daddy this pillow is broken”

I wonder which balding-no-hair focus group participants they had in the design dome to sit in an interior buck and say “yesssss these are the best headrests with the testicle pillows - please put them in the Sonderklasse because they are so good”

2 Likes

We are Def having opposite vibes. I love them… I think they are comfy as hell

2 Likes

Anyone having suspension issues with a knock when going over bumps?

Check for bullet holes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s intentional… probably something to do with the air suspension

Edit… intentional, not international lol

What’s up Shakey?

My EQS goes in next week for recalls and an issue with the vehicle disconnecting when charging. Every time I plug into a level 2 charger at my work, I get a charging error almost immediately. I wondered if it was a charger issue but I see teslas and other vehicles using them just fine.

Hopefully it doesn’t take to long to fix because using my cable charger at home has been awful.

Yeah it’s def air suspension but wondering if a common issue? It’s more annoying than a necessary fix.

I get it when I go over speed bumps… almost like a bottoming out type sound.

Yup! Same here but only on left side. Might take to dealer since my rear wiper doesn’t work lol

I’ve been hearing a knock coming from the back right wheel area when going over speed bumps + uneven roads… complained about it to the dealer and they couldn’t duplicate :man_shrugging: Haven’t noticed any handing issues thankfully

1 Like

Same. End of the day, not my car lol

1 Like

I wonder if any of this news around reliability or wacky knocks make its way to the MB execs… or if they’re simply fed the song and dance that these BEVs are top notch and they’re crushing sales figures in California.

The world revolves around California amirite?

Maybe it’s the weight of that dealer license plate frame weighing down the rear end…

1 Like