Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

But the problem is, the dealers are not making any profit on the EQs right now, now that trunk money is gone.

Isn’t there still the holdback? so they are not selling at a loss per se

I mean, sure there is a hold back, but when you are discounting 9%-15% of it, there isn’t any profit margin to begin with. Mercedes is trying to gain the marketshare for the Electric vehicle. So, they really don’t mind selling at the loss, but no there isn’t any profit.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to some of these terms, what does “fleet” mean?

1 Like

Back in the day, when 640 GT was introduced, bmw dealers we doing loss management instead of profit management.

They were eager to get rid of them from the lot, since it cost them money to keep them on their inventory.

Something tells me the EQS is headed to that direction. :joy:

2 Likes

Anyone having coolant leak issues… check out this thread;

1 Like

I wouldn’t open with this, as others have suggested it sends an aggressive signal that probably won’t resonate with too many dealers. But if a dealer is being squirrelly, it’s a good way to figure out if there’s a path forward or not.

Feature, not a bug, imo.

And I would add “right approach”. Certain things resonate more with certain people and less with others, and part of being a good negotiator is knowing not just what to say, but how to say it. Blasting terms to a bunch of dealers will probably leave you on read, but developing a rapport and then introducing detailed numbers can work really well. Just have to feel it out.

1 Like

And this is why I’m a bad negotiator.

I’m more a just the numbers guy… no socializing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: EQE 350+ sedan lease help

Could someone please cure my extreme FOMO, and confirm that these are not good deals for a Virginia (tax on sales price state) resident?!

There is an EQE thread, you ahould run this by but seems high.

I’m getting a bit discouraged, there is not much love going on for the SUV. I originally wanted the sedan and only driven the sedan but the SUV was thrown in the mix so I jumped on it.

This will the 3rd car I’ve bought never have sat or driven it before.

Everything :joy:

This is not normal, no. I had same issue. In my case the shop that did the tint work for the dealer, did not put the door panels back on properly. Open you driver door, and try and wiggle that problem spot on the door panel. If there is any movement at all, the panel is not installed properly. And is not catching on the hidden clips. Hope this helps!

1 Like

@derekoh1991 Do we know if the program is better or worse?

Residuals dropped to 63

2 Likes

For 24 months?

Yes and 36 month increased

1 Like

Specifically for 24/10.

How about 24/7500
How is money factor?

I got this wdeal offer a moment ago. Thoughts?