Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

If you’re going to edit your post, at least make a note of it.

No need to preach here.

Most folks on this forum have no clue how to work numbers. Some don’t even know how to use the LH calculator. But that’s okay, as long as they want to listen to advice and learn from others who want to help out.

There are folks like me who still see value in having a forum like LH, where anyone can ask questions about an offer they have received from a dealer. Some of us also like perusing broker listings for deals and/or using it as research for our next deal.

I get what you are saying. I was not surprised to hear about noobs screenshotting Hershey’s unicorn deal and expecting MB dealers to match it, without any context. Or folks who brazingly share the LH calculator with dealers.

At the end of the day, this community exists for a reason. I enjoy helping people out. Over the years, I’ve gotten DM’s from folks (I won’t share details) that have reached out for 1-1 advice. I will continue helping folks navigating the leasing world and making sure they don’t get taken for a ride.

16 Likes

I am in the SE but not Orlando. Lots of family all throughout FL though. Maybe they could sense I wasn’t super serious about purchasing.

1 Like

I am also aware of that particular lease (and that one was actually a sign and drive) so the effective payment is lower than indicated.

I feel similarly. I really like this place. However, it is definitely different now than it was a few years ago. I’m not making a comment on whether that is a positive or negative thing, it is just an observation.

I agree, there seems to be a glaring issue with logic.

For these people struggling with it, I recommend scholastic after school programs. I also use to own a Blue’s Clues™️ CD-ROM, which very simply taught basic mathematics and reasoning.

There was even a mini game where you got to build your own virtual pizza! For this reason alone, I can’t recommend it enough to those of you struggling with math and logic.

This “discussion” isn’t helping anyone lease an EQS. Which is the point of this forum, and subsequent posts will be deleted. Whether this is titled a “super thread” or not, it’s not a catch-all for every single hot take out there.

If you’re outraged at the prices some people are paying, tough shit. It’s just capitalism.

TLDR prices never came down from someone on a soapbox telling people not to buy.

8 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

The best I was able to get on a SUV EQS 450 116k MSRP on a 24m/10k 970per month with 970 due at signing or onepay 19800, Tax included 8.875. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

820 with almost 9% tax seems nice

2 Likes

I’d suggest running it up against SIGNED! deals and using those data points as your points of comparison. Opinions seem to be pretty split right now between people who believe this is a $5xx/mo vehicle vs those who feel it’s worth $8xx/mo.

I’m leaning more toward the former based on some light reading and the experiences folks like @Kellstar have shared, but there’s no right answer here. I don’t personally need another EV, but I’m eager to see where the next $500/mo hack is coming from :smiley:

2 Likes

16% off plus incentives (all of it), I’d take it. Not sure how much meat is left on the bone but probably not a lot

1 Like

It’s odd to bucket the payments of a car whose MSRP goes from 105k to 118k (for most specs) into a number like that without complete context.

That spread itself is 125 - 150 month after 15% discount. This is not even considering loaner vs new, 22 vs 23, 4MATIC vs not, folks getting welcome EV vs fleet, not getting EV Conquest, state sales tax and reg fees variations etc.

This person received almost 17% off pre-incentives and that is a decent find on their own. Brokers can’t get there and everyone cannot get the 20% unicorns.

5 Likes

IMO instead of you guys arguing, post helpful tips/ referrals

After a month of driving and about $1000 miles I’d say the max I’d pay is about $650-$700. I was in the market for an SQ5 (completely different cars) and have been waiting on the right deal… but for $500/month, I couldn’t pass this up.

If this thing wasn’t slow as shit, I’d probably be in love with it tbh

2 Likes

Unlock that extra 80 hp they have hidden in there for 60 bucks a month (or whatever it is) for the subscription :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wanted to clarify that the deal I got was for an EQS 580 SUV 2023

Is yours rwd suv?

Hi Mohit,

Are the numbers for 2023 EQS 580 Sedan for 24 or 36 month lease?

All those #'s were for 24 months.

I’m more than happy with my eqs 450 sedan. Power feels plentiful. Luxury is unmatched. Mine was a one pay effective monthly in 600’s. For that price the other options are probably entry level luxury sedans- or a base model 3… So yeah I’d say it’s a deal just relatively speaking.

7 Likes

I don’t get all the EQS hate on this topic. I had an extensive test drive on a 580 sedan and I am coming from an X5 with air suspension. The ride on the EQS is next level and the rear wheel steering makes it feel very agile despite the next-level comfort and big dimensions. 580 is also stupid fast for a luxury sedan, I reckon 450 4Matic would be plenty quick for the intended purpose of the car. Really my two small complaints were the infotainment (shouldn’t be an issue when using the carplay) and the somewhat high dash line and raked windshield combo. Definitely not as bad as the Lucid Air and one can get the SUV bodystyle for more headroom and upright seating position. Even at $700-800 range, this thing to me is a very good lease.

2 Likes