Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

I can do 13 month at 13% off.

Several insurers have paused on underwriting new policies in CA. Not just auto but also home. You’ll have to keep shopping around… other than the big name companies, start looking at lesser known companies or work with an insurance broker. CA costs have been going up exponentially so insurers are limiting their exposure :man_shrugging: it’s cyclical…

1 Like

Search for local independent insurance brokers in your area. Insurance is highly regulated and there are all sorts of smaller companies with good rates that are not spending 50% of their budget on advertising.

1 Like

I was just thinking about that last night as well. How many people are factoring in ~$900 registration times two for these 13 month leases into their total calculations? Plus a lot of people are having issues with high insurance rates.

I wonder how many people jumping on these leases are people who were already in the market for a $800-$1000/mo lease and can now get it for less than $800 a month, versus people who are just seeing that it’s a deal to get a $110k car for “cheap”?

1 Like

For those in Ca that qualifies for Crvp, this could be a sub 400 lease all-in with 0 das plus max msd. That’s a pretty strong lease in my opinion. Half the price of the eqs right now.

1 Like

Almost half the range, too :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, on paper I’d take a C40 at 400 vs an EQS at over 900 as I don’t drive that much. Bring down the EQS price and it starts to become a much more difficult question.

1 Like

You can charge up the average US commute on 120v overnight.

Everything else equal (they’re clearly not), the Volvo is clearly the best VFM for most - in providing a practical transportation method.

I think you need to justify the extra cost in more than just the range as chances are, most simply won’t need it, or will be paying 400 odd dollars a month to avoid the odd, 15-20 minutes charging

Not clear to me at all. Debatable, at best.

Is there any EQS SUV deal in NJ?

Tried but it seems they aren’t open on the weekend? The only other online I found have a 14 day wait period. Wondering if I can sign and let the car sit at the dealer lot for a couple of weeks

Edmunds shows $7500 incentive plus $2500 dealer cash plus $1500 EV conquest. Does anyone know if the PenFed $3500 incentive stacks on top of that or would the $3500 be in lieu of the $2500 dealer cash? Also, I believe my employer is on the preferred employer list so does that $1k stack on top as well?

Yes for this

Is it confirmed that there no longer lease support for the 2022 EQS at EOM?

Is anyone actually going to pay for the subscription to increase HP on these? $90 seems steep. I might do the one month trial though.

When I leased, I was also told that my employer’s PEP benefit did not stack with Sam’s/PenFed. One or the other.

EQS is much bigger isn’t it and I assume much better appointed?

Alright… so which one of you did I see on the Northern State Parkway today?

PJ

10 Likes

I give up. Insurance is too expensive for me to take this…

I think I’m going to try at least.

Insurance is rough is socal. Checked everywhere and $250 a month for SUV and 350 for sedan was best I could find. Gave up on '22 loaner as any deal is moot when you factor in $200 more a month in premiums.