Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

We’re just coming out of the large disruption in car prices due to the shortage of chips and now, the FT just published this bit:

The carmaking sector is also braced for the outcome of a 2022 commerce ministry review of technology export restrictions, including possible controls on some rare earth materials and lidar technology used in mapping for driverless cars. Tu Le, founder of Sino Auto Insights, a Beijing consultancy, said any decision by China to “weaponise their dominance in mining and refining” of materials used by the electric vehicle industry would create “immediate anxiety for the US, European, Japanese and Korean governments”. The restrictions could also be used as leverage to bargain for a loosening of semiconductor controls.

I wonder over what time frame something like that may start impacting EV car prices.

Ripped tires everything single time. I am talking about the tire actually ripped apart 8 inches after a normal pothole. 6 tires in 3 months 4 different occasions. Lucky me I had tire insurance but waiting for tow truck was nightmares. Had to wait for hours before the truck showed up. Waiting for tires was not fun either. They had to order from somewhere everything and the soonest was 4 days. No dealer close to me was able to offer loaner. I gave up.

Called up my insurance to quote what it would cost to insure a EQS, while replacing my existing i3 lease. 500/500 for bodily injury, 100K property damage, comprehensive and collision on a $1K deductible on 7.5k/year. 12-month Premium was a tad over $2K here in SoCal, or about $1K more than what I pay now for the i3.

oooof yea I took the summer RFTs off and put Conti Extreme Contacts on. Rides a whole ton better now albeit with a little bit more tire noise.

1 Like

Thats quite an upgrade, Was the i3 double digit payments lol?

$99/mo, baby! It’s a lovely car with a crazy warranty, which is why I was planning to buy out the lease.

5 Likes

F yea! I am trying to get a friend one of the REX since he has an awful commute right now. With the under $25k Tax credit, it would lower his TCO and he would get the crazy warranty.

1 Like

Hey Everyone - Can I get feedback on this deal?

You all are amazing, read every comment - just happy it hasn’t gotten as long as the 4xE thread.

2023 EQE350 4matic - New, no miles
MSRP: $87,xxx
Selling Price: $77,xxx (11% off)
Term: 24 month / 7.5k miles
Monthly Payment: $702 effective, ($585 pre-tax)
MF: 0.00202 - (lowers to 0.00132 w MSDs)
Drive off: $1,600 (taxes on rebates and 1st month) + $9,000 MSDs
Incentives: $10,750 ($7,500 EV lease cash, $1,500 EV conquest, $1,750 affinity)

I know the EQS is the better value but its too big for the SO to drive, we need/want the EQE. Is there anything more I should ask for? i.e. MF reduction?
Also, they are quoting me 10 MSDs costing $9k, but that seems high as the calculator says it should be $7,500. Thank you!

If anyone in Florida has interest in a moderate MSRP 450 sedan (108–110) at about 16% off prior to incentives but with an MF bump, and wants a car for sure (no tire kicking please…Im just a fellow LHer passing along deals that seem worthy enough) send me a PM. There are a couple of them. 13 mo and 24 mo terms are available, but 24 is likely the way to go on these.

FL ONLY

Edit- I believe these cars are both now gone.

2 Likes

Is this on the EQS sedan? I have the all-season tires on the SUV, and the 45 sidewall profile. I guess the AMG wheels on the sedans come with the 35 sidewall profile? I thought that wheel and tire protection does not make sense for me, but after seeing this (and some of the other examples here), I am thinking about it. Moreover, the other day I saw some slight damage (like there was bubbling close to the surface, and it popped; very superficial, but the first time seeing this on any of my cars) to the sidewall on one of my tires, even though I don’t remember hitting anything (I’m not in the city and the roads are good around me).

What’s the consensus on a good source to buy a wheel and tire warranty/insurance package if I didn’t get it from the dealer? Anything apart from AAA?

I swear by the road hazard certs from America’s Tire/Discount Tire, but they dont cover rims.

Interested. PM sent.

Can I get MF and rEsIDuAl?

1 Like

I had continental all season. Ride was great and quiet until you get a heart attack every time you hit a pothole.

1 Like

It was a 2022 580 sedan. 40 sidewall
I got the tire insurance from dealer for 1500, they definitely lost money on my policy.

2 Likes

That looks a meteor hit the freeway and you drove into the creator left behind :grimacing:

Or someone angry at you went to town on the tire

I was told by the dealer the $7500 Federal rebate will be cut in half tomorrow 4/18 which reflect to less discount offered by dealer.

The EQS does not qualify for the federal rebate that changes tomorrow. It gets a different tax credit that is being passed on in a lease. And that wouldn’t need to change the dealer discount anyway.

So ask yourself… is the dealer stupid or lying?

I don’t know. I am hearing this too.

1 Like

That dealers will need to discount less because a tax credit the vehicle doesn’t qualify for has new rules?

1 Like