Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Has to be self and I don’t think it happens that quick.

Ok, so the title cannot say:

JOHN DOE AND JANE DOE

it can only say:

JOHN DOE

That is correct.

to the same point, can i add my name to someone’s paycheck who’s employer qualifies for fleet? :sweat_smile:

Not really the same. Having your name officially on the Title and Registration means you are also liable for the car. This is not the same as trying to claim conquest with a car that is solely owned/titled/registered to a family member or friend.

And just for reference - I checked with two separate sales managers and they both said that as long as your personal name is on the registration (they distinguished title and registration), then it DOES qualify for the conquest.

It’s an N=2, and the brokers on this website are far more reliable, but it is something that isn’t unreasonable to ask.

I don’t see why your name being on registration, even jointly, wouldn’t qualify for conquest. That being said, do you actually have car in mind? Or a pending deal on an EQ? Because whether you’re right or wrong, the individual dealer is going to play ball or they’re not. MBusa usually doesn’t step in to facilitate your deal

To answer your question - apparently it can be done in 1 hour. Title and Registration are now under joint ownership.

1 Like

You must have AAA, because my brain just explodes at the thought of an efficient DMV office

It’s not through the DMV - in Ohio, you go to the County Clerk of Courts Title Office.

Which happens to be attached to our DMV building near where I live

ok poor example let me rephrase - can anyone with sams club add me to their membership for fleet? :joy: my point was, everyone can see through your tactics but as other have said, if the dealer wants to play ball, they will help you. MBUSA can’t care less

What’s stopping you from signing up for sams club for $10?

3 Likes

If you paid for a Sam’s membership - you would be eligible based on their criteria ( I actually don’t know if this is true because I have never looked into it and qualify for other things). I paid to be on Title and Registration of an EV vehicle, therefore I believe I qualify under their eligibility criteria.

Sure, a dealer can always decide they don’t feel like following eligibility rules and not offer discounts or rebates/incentives - but I’m not asking about those people. I’m interested in the TENS or HUNDREDS of examples on this website of dealers or brokers willing to discount/provide rebates and “play ball” but still not adding EV conquest due to lessee not qualifying based on eligibility criteria. I am arguing that this would make me eligible - just as if you paid to join a fleet or affinity program immediately before negotiating.

$10 :grin: jk ended up finding another route

Not sure if it helps matters any but in my case they just needed the registration in the name of the lessee. Doesn’t make sense to me for dealers to give you trouble because 2 names are on the registration.

1 Like

Loved Illinois for DMV related things, seems similar to OH

Correct. Bmw dealer for my first lease for loyalty took my dad owning a bmw in VA with no issues for my NYC lease (same first/last name)

different house rules i think. I know BMW considers by household as the dealer told me, so as long as your license matches they will apply the loyalty (that they had to validate before applying). I’d have to say BMW has a better buying process

1 Like

Curious on the groups thoughts on this deal. I think the money factor is marked up 90 basis points, but they are saying its only 40bps. Can someone confirm?

They can mark up whatever points on the standard lease. They can only mark up 40 on the special lease.

1 Like